I always find myself questioning what I've accomplished during the last 10 months towards the end of the year.

With 2017 on the horizon, it's easy to picture where you want to be at this time next year.

We seem to eager to want to dismantle ourselves from the past time we've spent in 2016 and so welcoming to the new year coming.

Why is that?

I've seen countless posts saying 2016 is the worst year yet, but I see these posts every year around the same time.

Why?

Sure, not every year is perfect. We don't set out for mediocracy, but we do set out something better than before. It's the least we can ask for ourselves.

But just because the least we want is mediocracy, doesn't mean we have to set our hopes low and settle for less.

We want more than before, better-than-ever, the time of our lives.

Not all of us will get this, and I can promise you that. We can ask ourselves as to why next year is "the year" and not now?

It seems like the question of the hour, what do I want for my next coming year?

To be frank with you, my goal isn't to make each year a better year. I don't have much control as to what goes on besides my day-to-day routine. However, I do have control over my attitude focusing on myself and realizing some of this world IS in my control.

It's off to realize at points because many things can go haywire a the drop of a hat.

Bad things happen to good people, and the world isn't fair. There is nothing we can do.

We can't control many of the things happening to us. It's not fair, and you can scream and shout about it. We can put the emotion we face into many aspects of our life. The energy we put into this world will come back to us in circles.

The year isn't over yet, and you still have time to do what you need to do.

So make 2017 the year you tell yourself, "You got this!"

Why? Because there is something you can do.