20 Ways To Know You've Found Your Person

Your person can be your soulmate

307
Sam Manns

If you're a Grey's Anatomy fan, then you should the term "my person" by now. If you are not a Grey's fan and still heard the term "my person," great!

"My person" and I have been best friends since we were 15 years old. I'm in my 2nd year of college and go to school 3 hours away from home. It may be tough to be away from my loved ones, but distance does not get in the way. "My person" and I have ways of communicating, like Facetiming, texting, and sending postcards and letters.

If there is a person you first call to tell the good news, support each other, can't live without, and truly feel like family, then this person is your "person." Here are 20 ways to know you've met your person:

1. You can communicate by looks and noises

You and your person can understand each other's nonverbal communication. The more you know each other, the more messages of your person's body language you understand.

2. The way you text

You text each other randomly because you and your person love talking to each other. When something happens, your person is the first one to know when you text him or her.

3. You tend to finish each other's sentences

Since you and your person know each other so well, you tend to know what your person is going to say before you say and vice versa.

4. He or she is your soulmate in a non-romantic way

Many people believe that soulmates are reserved for romance only. I have never agreed with it because I believe that there is more to life than just romance. You may still have the love of lyou ife, but you can still have your person as your soulmate. A soulmate can be your best friend, relative.

5. You can always sense that your person needs you

You and your person do not even need to tell each other. Instead, you both already know. Even when you don't tell your person you need him or her, he or she still makes an effort to be here for you regardless.

6. There are no secrets between you two

You and your person are so close and trust each other, in which there is no point in keeping secrets from each other.

7. Always supportive, never judgmental

Since judgment always break relationships, you and your person support each other, whether through thick and thin.

8. There's never an awkward moment

Since you both know each other so well, you laugh with each other when we have our own awkward moments and just go with the flow.

9. You go through life's ups and downs together

You do not give up on each other when the going gets tough. Instead, you are here for each other by comforting one another.

10. When someone messes with your person, you turn into the Terminator

Whenever somebody hurts your person, you can't help get angry at someone who hurts your person.

11. You watch T.V. shows together in person or not

Whether you're home together or states away from each other, you both make an effort to call each other and watch a movie or T.V. show in order to spend more time with your person.

12. You help each other make decisions (like nail color)

Whenever you have trouble making decisions, you know your person will help like what kind of dress you should wear or which highlighter will flatter you.

13. You both don't allow your differences to get in the way of your personship

You can't expect somebody to have the same opinions as you do. When your person have different political or religious affiliations, you respect them and do not allow your differences to get in the way. You both understand that life is too short to have a war over differences and that being different allows you to understand your person's different perspective.

14. You can talk about everything or anything and I mean ANYTHING

It does not have to be anything big. A certain conversation can be about a new coffee flavor at Starbucks or a new show someone has been raving about.

15. You have a mutual dislike for the same person

When your person does not like someone, you listen to your person as to why he or she does not like a certain person. After listening to his or her reasons, you end up having a mutual dislike for the same person.

16. You hold more secrets together than the federal government

Since you both confide in each other, you keep each other's secrets.

17. You and your person dish more drama more dramatic than the alleged Kylie Jenner baby scandal

You and your person talk about crazy things like pop culture scandals, relationship stuff, or problems in school or work.

18. You never let your person do fun things alone

When your person plans on something fun, you go with your person because you two do not want to a miss a second of making more memories together.

19. You send each other videos that remind you both of your friendship

Whenever you scroll through your social media posts and come across quotes and videos you and your person relate, you send them to your person.

20. Your friendship is about being goofy together

Life is too short to be serious. No matter life serious gets, you still have your person to laugh with.