Fall semester is officially around the corner, and if you're like me, you're wondering how summer went by so fast. As August approaches, I feel like I'm constantly adding new things to my mental "get shit done" list before I move back to campus. So, here are 20 things you NEED to do in order to get your life slash act together before mid-August:
1. Buy a pretty notepad and actually write everything down that needs to be done before mid-August.
2. Take inventory of everything you already have for your dorm/apartment/house.
3. Make a list of things you need to buy AND the places where you can get everything.
4. Actually buy your school supplies before you get to school.
5. Marie Kondo your closet and donate everything you don't need.
6. Put together a customizable list of items you can reference whenever you're making your grocery list.
7. Cancel/Freeze your gym memberships.
8. Deposit some extra money into your savings account.
9. Clean out your car AND wash it.
10. Stock up on shampoo/conditioner/deodorant etc. before you leave.
11. Clean out your school email inbox.
12. Practice going to bed 30 minutes earlier so you can be well-rested by the time school starts.
13. Send in your two-weeks notice for your summer job.
14. Buy your parking pass.
15. Organize your jewelry box.
16. Go to the dentist/doctor for a check-up.
17. Unsubscribe from emails you don't read.
18. Have a going away party with all your hometown friends.
19. Walk your dog one last time.
20. Tell your parents you love them.
Half of the things on this list are things I still need to do, and other things are little reminders for those of you who sometimes forget the little stuff (ie. buying your parking pass). Live up the rest of your summer because it won't be here for much longer!