20 Thoughts I'm Having At 20

20 Thoughts I'm Having At 20

20 and not fun?

61
20 Thoughts I'm Having At 20
Blogspot

My teenage years are gone and now is officially the start of my second decade. It's crazy to think about the idea of being on this Earth for 20 whole years, especially when it seems as though so many of those did not fully count due to them being at a young age. Though 20 may be an underrated age, I see it as a milestone into the world of adulthood. 18 may be the legal age one becomes an adult, but I think there is something about the age of 20 that really snaps that mindset into place. After all, I certainly didn't feel anything like an adult two years ago. Here are 20 thoughts I'm having at 20 that I'm sure you are too.

1. The teens are done.

Honestly, where did the time go? It seems as though the simpler times of being young and naive have to come to an end.

2. Work work work work work

As much as I hate my summer job, it's certainly a love/hate relationship. Money may not be everything, but it has an all new importance now that my parents are suddenly reluctant to pay for everything.

3. My friends are getting engaged, married and having kids (what?!).

When did this happen?! As shocking as it may be for me to see some of my friends tying the knot, I have to remind myself that we aren't little kids anymore. I guess I'll have to get used to the idea of engagement photos and baby showers.

4. I will (hopefully) be getting married at some point within this decade.

Not that I'm in any rush to do so, but the possibility is certainly likely, and that's pretty crazy to think about.

5. And possibly even be having a family of my own.

Again, mind blown.

6. I am approximately a fifth through my life.

I feel like I've experienced so much, yet I have barely even started living.

7. My favorite movies are almost as old as me.

I guess they now classify as the "old" movies I'll be showing my kids one day.

8. Time for fun is running out.

Not saying that adulthood is a miserable place, but the time for staying up until three a.m. on my phone and deciding on a late night/early morning food run is now.

9. I can't get away with wearing the things I used to.

Sure, I could wear that all too revealing crop top and spandex short outfit if I want to, but the time for that has passed and will only be revisited in pictures.

10. I'm already looking back on old memories and cherishing the "good days."

I look at pictures from my freshman year of college and reminisce over how great they were when it's only been two years. Of course it feels like more.

11. My parents are getting older.

The idea of seeing them grow old is surreal.

12. As are my grandparents.

It's hard to wrap my mind around the concept that one day they won't be here anymore.

13. One day soon, I may not be living under the same roof as my parents.

The idea of having my old place is both nerve-wracking and exciting.

14. My childhood pet is just that.

One day the animal I have grown so attached to and that has been there every step of the way won't be there to greet me at the door.

15. What I do now will affect me forever.

It's time to be wise with my choices because they will build me into the person I become.

16. Going out is overrated.

It's gotten to the point where I'd rather stay in and watch a movie on a Friday night. Just call me grandma.

17. But I'm going to go out as much as humanly possible.

As much as I'd rather re-watch "Tarzan" for the hundredth time, I know I'll look back on my twenties and regret it if I stay in.

18. Gift cards to any home goods, food, or gas places are beautiful.

Since when were household appliances so expensive?

19. I'm going to grow apart from people I never thought I would.

This is a completely new chapter for everyone.

20. This is just the beginning.

While it may seem as though it's been a long life, it has truly only just started. I have so much time to become the person I want to be and accomplish everything I want to accomplish, and that time starts right now.