20 Things That I Do When I'm Supposed To Be Doing Homework

Warning: reading this list is one of them.
1607

We've all been there. It's midnight, you've been out all day, you finally sit down to do your work and right when you think that you're about to be productive you can't stop procrastinating. You feel bad and you remind yourself that you have a 9:00 a.m. class tomorrow and you need to get to work, but as hard as you try, it's no use. The procrastination train has long since left the station and there's no turning back. So, the next time that you find yourself perusing the internet at 2:00 a.m. when you're supposed to be writing your art history final, here's some inspiration in the form of 20 things that I do when I'm supposed to be doing my homework.

1. Write down all of my homework in my planner in assorted colors.

If it looks pretty, then I'll want to do it, right?

2. Check my Facebook newsfeed.

I also stalk random people on Facebook.

3. Look at Instagram.

I sometimes contemplate dropping out of school to work for New Fork City.

4. Take 3-7 Buzzfeed quizzes.

Apparently, I'm 52 percent Gryffindor!

5. Watch Netflix repeatedly for small periods of time.

I convince myself each time that this break will work as a motivator to be productive.

6. Shop online.

I always fill my Brandy Melville shopping cart with 12 things that I'll never actually get around to ordering.

7. Text anyone who will respond.

This includes that one friend who I haven't talked to in over two years because at 2:00 a.m. everyone's a welcome distraction.

8. Ponder my life choices.

I picked a school that's on the quarter system. (Can you say "overload?")

9. Research 15 decent paying jobs that don’t require an undergraduate degree.

Don't worry mom and dad, I'm just kidding.

10. Swear to myself that I will be more productive tomorrow.

Somehow I actually convince myself that I will keep that promise tomorrow, unlike today.

11. Convince myself that a little break is OK!

I've been working really hard for the past five minutes.

12. Convince myself that nobody has it as rough as me and that I study so much.

Then I take one look at my engineer roommate and realize that's not true.

13. Calculate how many hours I have left to sleep if I finish my work in an hour.

Four and a half hours of sleep isn't enough for a growing girl. Who am I kidding, anyway? I can't finish a 10-page essay in an hour.

14. Pick a hangnail.

Then I curse myself for picking aforementioned hangnail.

15. Shamelessly go on www.Eonline.com.

Or, in other words, stalk the Kardashians and curse cruel fate for not giving me their lives.

16. Consider going to the gym.

Exercise helps the brain work. My health streak can start today!

17. Check to see if Grubhub delivers this late.

My health streak is now over.

18. Count down the days until a school break.

Only 105 days to go! It's so close!

19. Listen to 7/11 and imagine myself being Beyoncé performing at Madison Square Garden, booty shakes and all.

Don't lie to yourself, everyone does this.

20. Do anything that isn't homework.

See numbers 1-19.