20 Things To Stop Doing In 2020

20 Things To Stop Doing In 2020

Now that it’s a new decade, it’s time to learn to say “No” and “Stop.”

10
20 Things To Stop Doing In 2020
Facebook photo/soul scripts

1. Stop over-extending yourself to people who under-extend themselves to you. All healthy friendships and relationships are two-way streets.
  2. Stop basing how you see yourself on how others see you. People don't define "self-worth." You do.
  3. Stop dictating what you do because of others' poor attitudes and personalities, or because they disagree. You can't please everyone. If you base what you do off someone else, you'll end up with nothing.
  4. Stop waiting around for people to text you back. If they want to talk to you, they will.
  5. Stop basing your worth off of the amount of likes you get on social media.
  6. Stop saying "I'm busy." Even the busiest people make time for what they want.
  7. Stop sacrificing your sleep to get a few more minutes of work done.
  8. Stop skipping self-care. They say "You can't pour from an empty cup" for a reason.
  9. Stop adjusting your boundaries just because someone got mad at you for them. The people who are meant for you will respect them.
  10. Stop letting people walk all over you. You're a person, you're not a rag doll. Not a door mat. Not a toy.
  11. Stop justifying yourself if someone invalidates or questions your situation. Your feelings are valid.
  12. Stop justifying someone's excuses to disrespect you or not make you a priority (friend or partner).
  13. Stop holding onto something toxic in hopes of it getting better. It doesn't.
  14. Stop waiting around for things to get better. You need to make them better.
  15. Stop believing the "I'm busy" card. People make time for what they want.
  16. Stop assuming what someone is going through. You don't know their situation.
  17. Stop fighting against people who won't bother to hear you out. Some people never listen no matter how honest you are.
  18. Stop comparing yourself to others. Run your own race. Not theirs.
  19. Stop wasting energy, calls, or initiating plans with people who don't care to see you. You can't force someone to spend time with you if they've chosen not to.
  20. Stop believing someone's words when their actions don't line up.