Happy Birthday to me!
Well, kind of. Depends on when you’re reading this and when this goes live, but my birthday’s on April 3rd.
You know what that means, don’t you? First of all, it means I’m another year closer to being 21. Secondly, it means I can casually reflect on the twenty things I learned at 20 with all of you!
1. It’s OK to not be OK
2. Stand up for yourself and speak up for what you believe in
3. Spend less, save more
4. Drinking alcohol and doing drugs doesn’t make you a bad person
5. Don’t lose yourself trying to love someone else
6. Never let a guy tell you what to do
7. Your friends are always there for you
9. It’s okay to put your own happiness before others
10. You can get things done last minute, but it’s so much better to not procrastinate and get shit done long before the due date
11. Be careful who you confide in
12. There are other relationships outside the traditional “boyfriend/girlfriend” label
13. Stop making excuses for shitty people’s shitty decisions
14. Pain is temporary
15. Music is so much better when it’s loud
16. Spend more time with your parents and loved ones
17. Learn to control your temper
18. You can do anything you put your mind to
19. If you’re “not that kind of girl,” don’t pretend to be
20. It’s okay to be a bitch sometimes — whether it be a bad bitch, a rude bitch, or just a bitch in general
And there you have it. Twenty things I learned at 20.
(P.S. If you’re wondering what to get me for my birthday, I really like red roses and Coca-Cola.)