20 Things You Experience When You're A Senior In College

Anxiety is #1.
Jessica
Jessica
35

Being a senior in college is a milestone. You're nearing graduation. You are nearing a job or a Masters degree. You're getting ready to actually be an adult. So, what's that last year actually like? This is a glimpse of what you will think of when your time to graduate is near.

1. You're usually anxious.

Get a job. Get a job. Debt. Jobs. Parents. Money.

2. You're usually excited.

I finally won't have to write on essay on things I completely don't care about.

3. You realize how much you'll miss school.

4. Your professors are people you'll miss.

Yes, your professors can be quirky, weird, and just downright nasty - but at the end of four years you realize even the mean ones are people.

5. You realize how scary getting a job is.

Entry level jobs are terrifying to look at, and you kinda miss your campus job.

6. Odds are, you have a professor to keep in touch with.

They've driven you crazy, but you bonded with one of them.

7. Grad school isn't the same.

Grad school is more stress, but you miss your old community.

8. Your head is a swirling mess of anxiety, sadness, happiness, and fear.

This entire list can just have "feelings".

9. In your senior year, you don't want to work.

You're exhausted but don't want to have a funeral for your GPA.

10. You realize your friends won't be a building away.

They're going off to do what they want to do. They're moving around, going to grad school, or just found another job in a different place.

11. You think of all the people you won't see regularly anymore.

That one guy you usually see when you're walking to class every Wednesday? Who you've just seen, like, every semester?

That random guy is gone too. Yes, it is that weird.

12. You wonder if you chose the right major.

You constantly doubt your decision, even though it's over with.

13. You say goodbye to your childhood dreams.

A lot of kids have dreams that just can't become reality, for whatever reason. As weird as it is, you need to say goodbye to them, and even mourn them.

14. You realize how old you are.

Dial-up internet... Yeah. We're in the ages of smartphones now, and it's a stark contrast.

15. ...and you feel really old to boot.

You're tired from college and sometimes, college is brutal. It took a toll.

16. You realize meeting people won't be as easy.

College is easy to meet people your age. Outside of it? Not so much.

17. The parties weren't as fun as you thought.

You didn't enjoy the party so much as you enjoyed the socializing.

18. Life is less of a popularity contest, and you have a few close friends.

Your Facebook friend's list amount no longer matters, because you keep your circles tighter.

19. But a lot of people still know you at school.

... But you show your face on campus and need to put a bag over your head to go anywhere.

20. You realize how hard you've worked to get here.

Now excuse me while I sleep. And eat regularly.