20 Signs You Could Only Be Enrolled At Indiana University And Nowhere Else

You might go to IU if...

675
iubloomington / Instagram

We've got students from all over Indiana from South Bend to Evansville. Lord knows we have plenty from Fishers and Carmel and the rest of the Indy area. Plenty from "Chicago" AKA the suburbs which could be up to an hour away. And then a sprinkle from the East coast and a chunk from California.

No matter where you come from, if you have experienced any of these things, you probably go to IU.

1. When you hear "Kelley" you know it isn't referring to some girl on your floor

The ever-so prestigious Kelley School of Business is what draws students to IU from all over the country. Whether you are in Kelley or not, you know all about K201 and iCore.

2. March 1st was a campus-wide holiday

For the past three months, you would think Greek life being on suspension was the end of the world.

3. You've been asked before "are you in a house?"

When 25% of the campus goes Greek, this question usually gets asked before "what's your name?"

3. You’ve participated in IUDM at least once

Thousands of students participate every year in the second largest student-run philanthropy in the world. All FTK baby.

4. You know that the B bus is basically an open pair

From ADPi to Acacia, everyone you do or do not want to run into on campus can likely be found on the B bus at least once.

5. You’ve ordered Pizza X cheesy bread past 1 AM

Pizza X is just a staple of IU at this point. If you want REAL quality at a reasonable hour though, everyone knows Mother Bear's is where it's at.

6. You’ve spent at least 5 hours at Wells during finals week

West side, East side, dining hall, wherever. Good luck finding a spot to sit during this time of the semester.

7. You've complained about Duo

My phone died and now I can't get on Canvas.

8. You have tailgated every football game… but never actually been to one

We may not win every football game, but we still have never lost a tailgate. Even if there are no more fields...

9. On this flip side, you HAVE been to a basketball game

We support IU basketball through thick and thin. Now that we have moved on past Tom Crean, we're hoping Archie Miller can lead us to victory.

10. You own candy stripe pants

If you don't by now, it's time to invest.

11. You know all the words to “This Is Indiana”

"We got banners on the waaaalll land this is how we baaalllll." Brice Fox and Daniel Weber. Look it up.

12. You hate Purdue

The rivalry with the other Indiana B1G team is deep in our roots.

13. You've been stuck for hours on 37 every time you try to go home

Your easy 4-hour drive home sadly turns into a 7 hour one with all of the construction and traffic.

14. Bird is the word on Wednesdays

If you know you know.

15. You went to Roys on your 21st

A right of passage. Getting into Kilroy's for the first time on your 21st is a milestone in one's life. After that, it's good-bye frats and hello to the bars.

16. Taaka doesn’t phase you

If you have never had a cup of peach Taaka at a party, you definitely don't go to IU.

17. As a freshman, you experienced the hike up Fee mountain

You don't have to worry about the freshman 15 when you are getting your workout in, huffing and puffing walking back to your dorm in Northwest after class.

18. You’ve been asked for money when passing by People’s Park

Maybe not so much anymore, but everyone was a little surprised by the number of homeless people when they walked down Kirkwood during their very first visit.

19. You have watched a 50-mile long bike race

That's right, I'm talking about Little 500. AKA the biggest college weekend in the U.S. Students have finally found the perfect excuse to skip class and party all week: a bike race. Female teams complete 100 laps while the males complete 200. Yes, it's exactly as exciting as it sounds.

20. You wouldn’t want to go anywhere else

After being away from Bloomington for just two days, you're already ready to go back.