20 Reasons To Love Life At Age 20

20 Reasons To Love Life At Age 20

It's my 20th birthday and the love in my heart needs to be shared.

48
20 Reasons To Love Life At Age 20
google.com

This week I am officially embarking upon a journey into my second decade of life; celebrating the big 2-0 is pretty big deal and I think I'm finally ready to embrace it- (maybe!). This year my birthday falls during the week between the presidential election and one of my favorite holidays, Thanksgiving. America is undergoing an extremely emotionally and exhausting transition right now and I hope this article reminds my favorite people that I love them and am thankful for all that they do for me. My overall goal is to draw attention to all the other little things we should love about life, now more than ever. Spread love, not hate. Always.

1. My amazing mom.

The woman who has the strongest heart, the kindest smile, the most contagious laugh and who is the most amazing hugger you'll ever meet in your life. You tell the best stories, give the best snuggles and you are my hero in every way.

2. Ice cream.

Ice cream is the cure to absolutely everything. Especially the flavors of: chocolate, mocha, or twist. A permanent staple in my everyday diet.

3. My fabulous dad.

The man who introduced me to Star Wars, quizzes me on old rock & roll songs on the radio (even though I will never be able to guess ACDC apart from The Who- oh and what's that one with the letter and the number? Do they rhyme? Oh yeah, U2!) and who makes the best cheeseburgers and egg sandwiches in the world. Most importantly, the reason I have such high expectations; you are the greatest man I know.

4. Romantic movies.

The other reason for my high expectations- but more like false and unrealistic expectations! Nothing will ever compare to Allie and Noah's love story in The Notebook.

5. My little brother.

The little boy who isn't so little anymore. Your sense of humor and your witty comebacks are some of the best things about you. You have a kind soul and a radiant personality and I am honored to be your sister. Thank you for all the healing you have brought to this family, love you more than anything.

6. Sunsets.

The swirls of a cotton candy sky calm the butterflies in my heart and remind me that I am not alone; there are bigger things in this world besides me and whatever obstacle I may be facing.

7. My guardian angel.

The little boy who left me too soon. I'll never stop missing you and your angel signs will never go unnoticed. Hope you're dancing in Heaven with some amazing people like Anmom, Anpop, and Aunt Julie. Love you to the moon and back, no matter what.

8. Puppies.

Shoutout to Best Friend's puppy because COME ON.

9. My boyfriend.

The boy who buys me food and tolerates my neediness. It's so cute how you get really excited about a story you want to tell me and the way you absentmindedly play with my hair. It's not cute when you team up against me with my family members but I guess there's not much I can do about that. I appreciate you and your adorable giggle, Hieuey. Love you, long time.

10. Stonehill College.

My second home, my safe haven, my favorite place. From the moment I stepped foot on this campus, I knew that it was "pretty and purple and perfect." I will never stop appreciating your beauty.

11. My squad.

The girls who changed my life. I have never been a part of a group before and I can't even begin to express how much you all mean to me. Every time someone asks me about my friends from college I literally say, "I don't know, I just got really lucky." And I mean it. So glad God listened to my prayers and gave me you. Through thick and thin, you'll always be my girls.

12. Dunkins.

From iced coffee to donuts to breakfast sandwiches; Dunkins always has my back. P.S. Thank you Stonehill for having a Dunkins right on campus; much love.

13. My crazy best friend.

The girl from back home who keeps my heart laughing and my mind at ease. Thanks for all the mani pedis, jelly bean wars, Mario Kart races and breakfast dates. It is never a dull moment with you Sam Gauthier, love you forever.

14. The season of Fall.

Cozy sweaters, cute boots, changing leaves and hot chocolate. Nothing better.

15. My boy best friend.

The boy who reminds me of my own strength. You are a shooting star, a rare gem and a true gift, Aidan Ryan. Thank you for all the ice cream trips, car jam sessions, snapchat streaks and late nights where we sit and talk about life for hours. I hope you know how special you are to me. Meaners squared, you and me, forever and always.

16. Naps.

If you're troubled and don't have access to ice cream; this is the next best thing.

17. My grandparents.

To my Nana & Grampy and Grammie & Poppah; I am grateful for all that you are, for all that you've done, and for all that you inspire me to be. Making you proud is one of the most amazing feelings in the world and I treasure every moment I get to spend with you. Thank you for raising such amazing families and allowing me to be a part of both of them. Love you all more than you'll ever know.

18. Books.

There's nothing better than pretty words splashed across the magical pages of a good book. Don't even argue this one.

19. My aunts, uncles, and cousins.

The little people whom I call my cousins; I am honored to be the oldest on both sides of the family and I promise to love and protect all of you for the rest of time. Thank you to my amazing aunts and uncles that have raised such amazing children, I love being a member of this family.

20. The ability to love and to be loved.

A bouquet of flowers, a handwritten note, a tight hug, a romantic kiss, a simply compliment, a silly face, a silent laugh and an intentional smile are all little things that remind us to love. Above all else, never forget to love.