20 Promises Found Over 20 Years

20 Promises Found Over 20 Years

You've made it this far - what's another 20 more years?

361
20 Promises Found Over 20 Years
Unsplash

I checked turning 20 off my checklist this week. Just like everyone else, I've had my share of struggles already. But one thing is for sure - I couldn't have gotten through any of it if it wasn't for my faith.

Here's my top 20, go to Bible verses that I've collected while growing up. And guess what?

They've never once failed me.

1. "God has made everything beautiful in its time" -Ecclesiastes 3:11

Our time doesn't work like God's, and I've learned that that's something we should all be thankful. He'll always come through, we've just got to remind ourselves to the see the bigger picture.

2. "Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer" - Romans 12:12

There's always hope, and that's enough to get you through anything you may face. Find the joy in that.

3. "So is the word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it" - Isaiah 55:11

People say things they don't mean and make promises they can't keep. God never does that. His promises are always true, and they are always kept.

4. "He will yet fill your mouth with laughter and your lips with shouts of joy" - Job 8:21

For whenever you're feeling down, there's a joy you've yet to experience. Hang in there.

5. "Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance for what we do not see" - Hebrews 11:1

Adulthood - know what you believe and stand firm in that faith.

6. "And this is love: that we walk in obedience to His commands. As you have heard from the beginning, His command is that you walk in love" - 2 John 1:6

Love makes everything better, no matter the situation.

7. "Jesus replied, 'What is impossible with man is possible with God'" - Luke 18:27

Even when things seem impossible from our point of view, it's nothing new for God.

8. "And call on me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you and you will honor me" - Psalms 50:15

Calling on him is quicker than any text message could ever be.

9. "Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn" - Romans 12:15

Finding friends who are there for you through the good and the bad is one of the best things that you can ever do for yourself.

10. "What good will it be for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul?" - Matthew 16:26

Don't get caught up in the things that really won't matter in the long run.

11. "'I will not cause pain without allowing something new to be born', says the Lord" - Isaiah 66:9

There's always a reason for whatever it is you're going through. Nothing is ever wasted.

12. "People throw lots to make a decision, but the answer comes from the Lord" - Proverbs 16:33

Once again, God doesn't operate like we do. At the end of day, take comfort in knowing that things are in greater hands.

13. "You will make me greater than ever, and you will comfort me again" - Psalm 72:21

One of my very favorite verses. God is a God of redemption and there's no depth that He can't reach.

14. "If anyone belongs to Christ, there is a new creation. The old things have gone; everything is made new!" - 2 Corinthians 5:17

There's nothing more refreshing than new beginnings.

15. "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever" - Hebrews 13:8

In a world where everything is always changing, find that stability in who Jesus is.

16. "Think about the things that are good and worthy of praise. Think about the things that are true and honorable and right and pure and beautiful and respected" - Phillippians 4:8

You'd be amazed at how much change a positive mindset can bring about.

17. "When you pass through the waters, I will be with you. When you cross rivers, you will not drown. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned, nor will the flames hurt you" - Isaiah 43:2

I don't know if there's anything more comforting than knowing that we don't have to face anything in this life alone. The Creator of the world is on our side.

18. "You only need to remain calm, the Lord will fight for you" - Exodus 14:14

Deep breaths, and check out Romans 8:28 while you're at it.

19. "So if the Son makes you free, you will be truly free" - John 8:36

Who doesn't want to experience being truly free?

20. "We have troubles all around us, but we are not defeated. We do not know what to do, but we do not give up the hope of living. We are persecuted, but God does not leave us. We are hurt sometimes, but we are not destroyed" - 2 Corinthians 4:8-9

I saved my favorite promise for last. For every negative that this world can bring, God gives us a postive - a reason to keep going.

So hang in there. You survived these last 20 years, what's another 20 more?