20 Of The Best Quotes From "Grey's Anatomy"

"It's a beautiful day to save lives"

149
Breathe Cast

"Grey's Anatomy" is, hands down, the best show of our generation. Not only does it entail medical scenarios, but it also captures life, struggles, love, and friendships. With every episode you watch, you begin to feel exactly how the characters are feeling as well as feeling like you are in the show.

It isn't just one of those TV shows with a boring beginning, middle, and end. It is a never ending emotional roller coaster and leaves you wanting more and more. Did I mention the extremely good looking doctors? Every single one is perfect.

If you haven't started watching it already, I highly suggest that you stop reading this article and turn on Netflix. Right now. But if you are already a fan, then you know how contagiously wonderful the show is. Every single episode contains so much insight on life. Here are just some of the best quotes from "Grey's Anatomy."

1. "There don’t have to be harps playing or birds singing or pose petals falling from the sky… And there are definitely days when the romance is dead. But if you look around, things are pretty amazing. So stop for a second. Enjoy the beauty. Feel the magic. Drink it in. ‘Cause it won’t last forever. The romance will fade. Things will happen. People will change. Love will die. But maybe not today."
2. "At some point, you have to make a decision. Boundaries don’t keep other people out. They fence you in. Life is messy. That’s how we’re made. So, you can waste your lives drawing lines. Or you can live your life crossing them."
3. "Did you say it? I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life. Did you say it? Make a plan? Set a goal? Work toward it? But every now and then drink it in. 'Cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow." Meredith Grey
4. "It turns out, sometimes you have to do the wrong thing. Sometimes, you have to make a big mistake to figure out how to make things right. Mistakes are painful, but they're the only way to find out who we really are." Denny Duquette
5. "You never know the biggest day of your life is going to be the biggest. The days you think are going to be the big ones, they are never as big as you make them out to be in your head. It's the regular days, the ones that start out normal. Those are the days that end up being the biggest." Izzie Stevens
6. "If you love someone, you tell them. Even if you're scared that it's not the right thing. Even if you're scared that it'll cause problems. Even if you're scared that it will burn your life to the ground, you say it, and you say it loud and you go from there." Mark Sloan

7. "OK, here it is, your choice: it’s simple, her or me, and I’m sure she is really great. But Derek, I love you, in a really, really big pretend to like your taste in music, let you eat the last piece of cheesecake, hold a radio over my head outside your window, unfortunate way that makes me hate you, love you. So pick me, choose me, love me." Meredith Grey
8. "You were like coming up for fresh air. It’s like I was drowning and you saved me. It’s all I know."
9. “I love you in a really really big, pretend to like your taste in music, let you eat the last piece of cheesecake, hold a radio over my head outside your window, unfortunate way that makes me hate you, love you.”
10. “But when we are really sorry, when we use it right, when we mean it, when our actions say what words never can -- when we get it right, “I’m sorry” is perfect. When we get it right, “I’m sorry” is redemption.”
11. "We lose those battles as often as we succeed. The key, though, win or lose, is to never fail. And the only way to fail is not to fight. So fight until you can't fight anymore. Never let go. Never give up. Never run. Never surrender. Fight the good fight, you fight even when it seems inevitable you're about to go down swinging." Amelia Shepherd
12. "The human life is made up of choices. Yes or no. In or out. Up or down. And then there are the choices that matter. Love or hate. To be a hero or to be a coward. To fight not to give in. To live or die. Live or die. That's the important choice. And it's not always in our hands." Derek Shepherd

13. "Just when we think we figured things out, the universe throws us a curveball. So, we have to improvise. We find happiness in unexpected places. We find ourselves back to the things that matter the most. The universe is funny that way. Sometimes, it just has a way of making sure we wind up exactly where we belong." Meredith Grey
14. "I can't think of a single reason why I should be a surgeon, but I can think of a thousand reasons why I should quit. They make it hard on purpose... there are lives in our hands. There comes a moment when it's more than just a game, and you either take that step forward or turn around and walk away. I could quit but here's the thing, I love the playing field." Meredith Grey
15. "At some point, you have to make a decision. Boundaries don't keep other people out. They fence you in. Life is messy. That's how we're made. So, you can waste your lives drawing lines. Or you can live your life crossing them. But there are some lines that are way too dangerous to cross." Meredith Grey
16. "You know how when you were a little kid and you believed in fairy tales, that fantasy of what your life would be, white dress, prince charming who would carry you away to a castle on a hill. You would lie in bed at night and close your eyes and you had complete and utter faith. Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy, Prince Charming, they were so close you could taste them, but eventually you grow up, one day you open your eyes and the fairy tale disappears. Most people turn to the things and people they can trust. But the thing is its hard to let go of that fairy tale entirely cause almost everyone has that smallest bit of hope, of faith, that one day they will open their eyes and it will come true." Meredith Grey
17. "Maybe we like the pain. Maybe we're wired that way. Because without it, I don't know; maybe we just wouldn't feel real. What's that saying? Why do I keep hitting myself with a hammer? Because it feels so good when I stop." Meredith Grey
18. "Intimacy is a four syllable word for, "Here's my heart and soul, please grind them into hamburger, and enjoy." It's both desired, and feared. Difficult to live with, and impossible to live without. Intimacy also comes attached to the three R's... relatives, romance, and roommates. There are some things you can't escape. And other things you just don't want to know." Meredith Grey
19. "Have some fire. Be unstoppable. Be a force of nature."

20. "It's a beautiful day to save lives." Derek Shepherd

20. "It's a beautiful day to save liv