20 Lessons I Now See With 20/20 Clarity After 20 Years On Earth
Life Stages

20 Truths I Now See With 20/20 Clarity At 20 Years Old

Twenty years doesn't sound too long but two decades? Wow.

523

My twentieth birthday is coming up and this year I decided to reflect on the past 20 years. What have I learned? Below are some of the most important things I've learned in 20 years.

1. Getting older isn't a bad thing, it's another chance for new beginnings.

2. You never stop learning, the sooner you realize that, the better off you'll be. 

3. It's perfectly OK to keep things to myself. 

4. You don't get through 20 years by yourself; it's good to let people in sometimes. 

5. Asking for help doesn't have to be so hard. 

6. Sleep is necessary. Take naps whenever you can. 

7. The best kind of laughter happens at 2 a.m. with your best friends. 

8. Nobody knows you better than yourself and that's frustrating sometimes. 

9. Pay attention to what your body tells you — self care is vital. 

10. Make mistakes. You've got time to learn from them. 

11. Take all the pictures you want. 

12. What they think of you now probably won't matter later. 

13. Time doesn't stop for you so learn how to manage it. 

14. You're not always right. Admit it sometimes. 

15. You're not always wrong, don't be so hard on yourself. 

16. You don't always have to answer the phone. 

17. Don't let anyone bully you out of your beliefs. They're yours for a reason. 

18. You're not going to get anywhere with a closed mind. 

19. Not everyone is like you and that's alright. 

20. Take good care of you — for the past, present, and future.