20 Forgotten Songs from 'Glee'

20 Forgotten Songs from 'Glee'

Take a trip down memory lane and recall all the covers, mash-ups and remakes.

309
20 Forgotten Songs from 'Glee'
Glee Wiki

Glee is one of the most influential television shows of our generation. The series showcases current events, trending topics, and music from all genres. It highlights the bigger issues that teenagers and young adults go through regularly. Everything, from young romance and teen pregnancy, to bullying and discrimination, to school shootings and "catfish," is covered.

The plethora of music used is no different. Top hits on the Billboard charts to classic rock anthems, in every genre, are covered, stripped down, mashed up and completely remade by this icon of a show. Due to the volume of amazing songs compiled in the series, I wanted to highlight the most complex songs that we might have forgotten about amongst the show-stopping numbers.

Please note, these songs are in no particular order. I will let you be the judge of that. After all, these songs will inspire us all in very different ways. Just listen to the music and let it speak to you.

Also, please forgive the poor quality videos I found online. You can blame Fox for taking down the high-quality ones.

"Rose's Turn"

Kurt Hummel sings this Broadway classic to showcase his frustration that he cannot be the perfect son for his father. Chris Colfer won an Emmy award for his portrayal of Kurt, and with good reason.

"Turning Tables"

Gwyneth Paltrow guest stars multiple times in the initial seasons of the series with this number being her most breathtaking. She nails this Adele number and leaves you feeling something right to the core.

"Home"

Alabama, Arkansas, I do love my "Glee." This laid-back, lounging-in-the-field hit is one of my favorites from the last season as all of our favorites come home to McKinley High.

"Shake It Out"

Select female members of the glee club sing the Florence hit to Coach Beiste, who is dealing with an abusive husband. You see the hurt behind Beiste, who has struggled to find love her whole life.

"Just the Way You Are"

You might remember Finn Hudson singing this number to Kurt at their parents' wedding. The amount of love and acceptance this number brings forward is remarkable.

"I Feel Pretty/Unpretty"

This mashup is stunning. Pop music meets Broadway as this song sums up how we all have insecurities about ourselves.

"Teenage Dream"

We are all familiar with the Warblers singing "Teenage Dream" to Kurt the first time he met Blaine. However, Blaine also performed the Katy Perry hit during their reunion in season four. If you watch this video, prepare to be heartbroken. The acoustic version without Blaine crying is also available.

"Mine"

Later in that same episode, "The Break Up," Santana gives up Brittany. Their long-distance relationship is just not fair to either of them, and Santana knows it. Naya Rivera (recently married with the new last name Dorsey) showcases her ability to dominate this Taylor Swift anthem.

"The Scientist"

Last song from "The Break Up" – I promise. All of our favorite couples are having problems. They all come together to sing on stage as they face their own unique issues. Impactful to say the least.

"If I Were A Boy"

Wade "Unique" Adams is a transgender character that we are introduced to later in the series. Before he breaks into this Beyoncé hit, he is bullied in the boys' bathroom. His range and emotion are really something special.

"Fix You"

Glee coach William Schuester's wife suffers from OCD. He sings to her as they kneel down to pray for her condition. The song itself is beautiful but then add in a Broadway legend like Matthew Morrison on vocals. Wow.

"Girls Just Wanna Have Fun"

Santana struggles with coming out. Of course, Finn comes to the rescue with a song that never gets old. That's why we love him.

"If I Die Young"

Next, we see Santana sing back to Finn. She is resistant at first to actually acknowledge the gravity of his death. She breaks down and showcases her star power yet again.

"Mean"

Coach Beiste and Noah Puckerman take the lead on another T. Swift song. They are both defeated with different issues in life but find strength and pull through with these lyrics.

"The Winner Takes It All"

Sue Sylvester and Schuester have a final moment before the end of the series. It is almost like their final bow in a sense.

"Chandelier"

Sia dominated the charts with this little ditty, just like New Directions dominated it as well.

"Pompeii"

I just love how uplifting this piece is. It is pure fun as we see our favorites have their own parts of the song. We all get a little of a bittersweet taste as the gang goes their separate ways for the summer.

"Pure Imagination"

The episode "Funeral" makes me cry every time I watch it, as we see Sue lose her sister. The glee club sings this piece at her funeral in her honor.

"You and I/You and I"

Two songs with the same names mashed up performed by Idina Menzel and Morrison. Woah, there's something about you and I. I mean, this song.

"I Lived"

The very last song of the show. Ever. It showcases all of the glee club members as they give it one last hurrah.