20 Christmas Songs You Can't Get Enough Of

'Tis the season for the tunes.

221

The holiday season, whatever religion you practice or holiday you celebrate; it’s a given that love and holiday cheer is spread. Whether it’s through food, music, or laughter amongst family, we all know that the holiday season is one we usually countdown to once the calendar page flips to September, am I right? Obviously, ABC Family has their "25 Days of Christmas" countdown movies, radio stations blast holiday songs 24/7, and stores are adorned with holiday colors. So let’s get back to the radio part. Christmas songs may be overplayed, but really they are nostalgic and heartwarming. Christmas songs remind us of our loved ones, holiday cheer, and the best time of the year! Sometimes, dare I say, we might even listen to them in July because we just miss them so much. So which ones are they, you ask…? (Do I only have to pick 20?) And no, they are in no particular order. I could never choose my favorites like that.

1. “All I Want For Christmas Is You” (Mariah Carey)

OK, so obviously I’m a girl and girls unite with this tune, am I right? But come on people, this is a crowd pleaser and so cute. Have you heard the music of bells in the background? Thanks Mariah!

2. “Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree”

This is a classic. We’ve all heard it. If you haven’t, I’m not sure which stores you’ve been during the holiday season. It’s a “must listen." An oldie but a goodie, for sure! And…I’m sure if you were in chorus as a young student, you’ve sung this tune a thousand times.

3. “Jingle Bell Rock”

Another chorus classic (for me anyway!). This is such a great holiday song that makes you eager to clap along.

4. “White Christmas”

Totally reminds me of the Yule log that plays on Christmas morning in my house. A very old song and a classic for sure. Not necessarily the most entertaining, but necessary for holiday tradition.

5. “It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas”

Such a happy song during the holiday season! This song sounds very theatrical; after all, Michael Buble has an awesome voice!

6. “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer”

Anyone who does not like this song is a Grinch! Reminds me of the Claymation Rudolph movie. So many great songs; how can I pick my fave?

7. “It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year”

Another classic to add to the list. This may be an “oldie,” but it is definitely one that reminds me of my childhood and for some reason, walking the streets of NYC.

8. “A Holly Jolly Christmas”

Another great song. Even though I feel like all of these classic songs have a similar tone, the voices are superb and make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

9. “Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow”

Another chorus classic! This is such a timeless tune that my parents listened to and my kids will probably listen to.

10. “Santa Baby”

Seems so classic, yet, very interesting if you listen to the lyrics. One of my personal favorites.

11. “Silent Night”

Yes, more of a religious Christmas song, but still something that is very nostalgic for many.

12. “Santa Claus Is Coming to Town”

A childhood favorite! A very timeless song that makes you in the mood for hot cocoa and cookies fresh out of the oven.

13. "Jingle Bells”

Not entirely sure it would be holiday time if this tune wasn’t being played in department stores or being sung at chorus concerts across the country…

14. “You’re A Mean One, Mr. Grinch”

Not a very “happy” and cheery song; however, there is no doubt almost anyone has seen this movie and heard this song.

15. “Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays”

The boy bands classic (Ahem, NSYNC)… I guess we can still fan girl every holiday season still, right?

16. “I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus”

Always a weird one in my book. I still find it to be a great holiday tune that is something everyone hears each season, even if it is entirely awkward and odd…

17. “Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire”

This is another classic song that I picture the Yule log as soon as I hear it begin. Another oldie but goodie!

18. “Here Comes Santa Claus Right Down Santa Claus Lane”

This is a very very catchy tune and one that little ones often enjoy.

19. “Dominick the Donkey”

If you’re Italian, please stop what you’re doing if you haven’t heard this song. Anyone else who hasn’t heard this song, please listen to it immediately! It is utterly ridiculous but will have you laughing for sure!

20. “O Christmas Tree”

This song is so cute and classic. It reminds me of a sing-along Barbie Christmas book my mom and I would read every Christmas Eve before I went to bed as a young girl.

Okay, so that’s a wrap… and now I really just want to blast ALL of the Christmas songs in existence while drinking hot cocoa, eating a cookie, under mistletoe, in the snow with Santa Claus and hearing sleigh bells ringing. What is your favorite holiday song?