20 Addicting Things To Do When You're Bored

Curing boredom one hobby at a time.

8647

At some point in your life, you'll come to a stage in which you feel as if your days are on repeat. Everything you do seems to suddenly become boring and doesn't have the fun touch it used to have. This causes your motivation and drive to do more decrease. Everyone needs a new and addicting hobby to put their lives back on track. Below are some ideas that can get you hooked and get ready for some action!

1. Planting a succulent garden

Succulents and cacti are addicting, trust me. Eventually, you'll find yourself buying more of them than you intended to. The colors and shapes of the plants are calming and giving them a home creates a sense of purpose in your mind.

2. Thrift shopping

Enough with brand-name shopping or dropping a lot of money at the mall. By going thrift shopping, you can find clothes or a lot of other items for a great price. Plus, most of the things you find are one of a kind and leave you feeling unique and stylish!

3. Listening to Recommended Songs on iTunes, etc.

Sure, everyone has their own preference of music, but sometimes the shuffle on your favorite playlist gets a little old. By going to the recommended page of the music app/site you use, you can find similar and new tunes that you like or more content from artists you listen to.

4. Writing your mind away

A lot of bad moods or thoughts can often be cured by picking up a piece of paper and writing. By letting out your emotions through another medium (rather than verbally, or internally), you can brighten your day with a faster pace. The negative mojo will then be transferred to another location so you can feel better! And you never know, what you write can influence many things in the future.

5. Hiking for pleasure

Some people hike for the exercise or to get to know their surroundings. However, if you find your own personal connection to nature and the art of submerging yourself into what the planet has to offer, hiking can be key for internal cleansing. By breathing in fresh are and taking note of the earth's creation, feeling free is definitely an outcome.

6. Planning a travel list

This is one of my favorite things to do because it motivates me. By planning to travel to all of the countries/places you want to see, your mind is put on the right track. This causes a sense of purpose and drive, for the success in your future could bring you to one of the locations you wish to see.

7. Find a new T.V. series on Netflix

Go on the match page on Netflix and try to find something new. Often times, there is a show that can pair with your intentions and desires for a series. This can create focus and bring a lot of new energy to you.

8. Create an inspiration board

By doing this, a sense of organization and expectations is set in your life. With inspirations in front of you and present in your daily rituals at home, it can push you to finding the overall happiness you want in your future. The best thing is that you can always add to the board, since you can strive for something new virtually anytime!

9. Try to watch the sunset every night

The sunset is always at a peak moment in time where people are always doing something "important". Rather it be school work, preparing a meal, or getting ready for the next day, a lot of people miss it. But, by watching the sunset, one can attain a feeling of relaxation and serenity. It takes away the panic one might have had and instead turns it into an awe for nature. The colors are aesthetically pleasing and wash away any anxiety.

10. Go on long walks in your neighborhood

Sometimes, one of the things you might be most unfamiliar with is your surrounding neighborhood. By exploring and walking through the area, one can achieve many things. Overall, you'll be exercising while meeting new people (and possibly friends), as well as finding locations and activities you might not have been aware of.

11. Find a cookbook with new, interesting recipes

Cooking is one of the many hobbies that keeps you active and in touch with your body. With choosing the meals you eat and keeping track of what you intake, not only are you being more aware, but you're also taking note of what you do and don't like. By finding new recipes, one will find meals they will absolutely love and how to utilise food groups in ways they didn't know of before!

12. People watch at your local park

Why stare at your home and be bored when you can stare at strangers and be intrigued? With observing what other people do around you, one can realize certain things and possibly discover notions that were never thought out before. People watching can make someone analyze their own priorities and find what means the most to them.

13. Look for a book at the library

Amazon shopping is a whole lot different than looking for books in a library. Buying books online is for those who know exactly what they want. Checking out books at the library creates a sense of ambiguity, for you don't know what will catch your eye and what you'll leave with. Plus, you might come back for more that you couldn't take on your first run.

14. Marathon movies from the 80s

Watching 80s movies is a great way to reevaluate life choices and values. Either it be a funky comedy, an unscary horror, or a dancer that has a whole lot of drama, these movies can shed light to some unanswered questions. Suggested movies: "The Breakfast Club", "Say Anything", "A Nightmare on Elmstreet", "The Goonies", "Flashdance", "Beetlejuice".

15. Redecorate a room in your house

Reinventing yourself and finding a new style is often the first step in trying to feel more comfortable. By doing this, one can find their true niche and what their ideal environment is like. Focusing on things you like and what makes you happy will eventually lead to a positive energy that is projected by the room of your choice.

16. Go to a local show in your town

Local shows are tons of fun because you can find music or ideas that you never thought you would be into! Also, these events bring in a wide range of characters that will leave you with many revelations and stories! Surrounding yourself in an area of completely new people will help cleanse the soul and lessen social anxiety.

17. Try a new hairstyle, everyday

Everyone's hair is unique and specific to their own routine. Having the same hairstyle for months can be a bore, so by trying new styles, one can feel more confident. The ability to be versatile in appearance creates a sense of comfortability. It allows one to know there are more options and can introduce positive self-esteem that may have disappeared for quite some time.

18. Scrapbook a recent event in your life

Holding onto a wonderful memory is great for the heart. Scrapbooking an activity that you have done (possibly with family or friends) makes one think that what is occurring in their life is exciting. And guess what, it is! Putting extra importance on what you've done lately redefines self purpose and releases any fears of being boring/inactive.

19. Watch the "The Blue Planet" or "Planet Earth" documentaries

Nature documentaries leave audiences stunned with the vast opportunities of the planet they live on. Watching "Blue Planet" or "Earth" can make you motivated, in which you realize how small you are. It causes one to push to be more active, discover the unknown, and reach for the stars. By seeing the copious amounts of adventures, a new type of wishful thinking will be unlocked.

20. Road trip to a place you've always wanted to go to

Taking a road trip to a new location is great for the mind and body. It fills the soul with readiness, in which their is anticipation for future escapades. Traveling somewhere that is in the same state, coast, or country can show how to appreciate the little things and be proud of the land you live in.