An Open Letter To The Other 2/3 Of The Three Musketeers

Proving that time doesn't measure the strength of friendship.

39
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2017/11/13/6364618783270514671477227208_IMG_7811.jpg

Who would've thought that through a chemistry class and bonding over a love of chocolate chip pancakes, I'd find two of the best people I've ever met? Now, we haven't known each other long, but this is clearly a friendship that will last a lifetime. The best memories I have on campus are ones that have both of you in them. From Starbucks runs at 10:30 at night, to brunch at noon, I couldn't ask for anyone better to spend my time with.

I absolutely love how when we all went to dinner with our families, Hannah's mom asked us if we'd known each other before we came to school. When we said no, the look on her face made it certain to me that we'd be friends forever. We're always looking out for each other; when someone has a cold we do everything we can for them. We don't let each other go places alone and we already have so many inside jokes! We're constantly supportive of each other, and the sheer love and acceptance you both have shown me are incredible. For example, the night we met, Alena, you hugging me and telling me I'm worth so much more than I think and that there's someone out there for me, that I just haven't found him yet, and then us cuddling on the floor because it was cold. And how could anyone forget when we went to the planetarium show and cuddled so we could watch it more easily!

We go to basketball games together and watch shows and laugh together. I love the fact that we're already planning on living together in our future years here at Butler. I love our goofy pictures and our serious talks. I love the lessons we've already taught and learned from each other. I love the hours of laughter - laughing until our stomachs hurt and we're crying. I love getting ready with you both, and how we all love make up and will lay it all out and share, and will pump each other up over how we all slay the game (even before we get ourselves ready, because natural is beautiful, too).

I'm so happy that my first college sleepover was with you girls, and I love the fact that Hannah now says y'all because of the two of us. I'm thankful that you both have brought me out of my shell, and love me for who I am. Thank you for being here for me, and being my partners in crime. Thank you for being supportive and for being able to make me laugh no matter what. Thank you for always making sure I know that I'm loved and never alone, because both of you are here.

I can't wait for you both to be able to meet my friends at home, because they'll love you and you'll love them. By having you in my life, my heart has grown bigger, and now I have more people in it. Nobody will be replaced - my family is just growing.

To my two beautiful new best friends, thank you for everything that you've both already taught me and for the memories we've shared. I can't wait to see where our futures take us. But no matter what, I know we'll always be the Three Musketeers, forever.

All of my love,

Haylie (Aramis)