19 Things I Learned Before 19

19 Things I Learned Before 19

Still Learning More

16
19 Things I Learned Before 19

Life is full of opportunities. Sometimes they are handed to us and sometimes we have to work hard to earn them. Some opportunities are rare, while some tend to pass along more than once. Each day is an opportunity to better yourself. Each day is an opportunity to learn and to grow and by 19 I have learned a whole lot.

1. I learned to accept others because no two people are exactly alike and for that our differences empower us individually. Those who accept more people in their life accept the opportunity to have more outlets of happiness and more people to be happy with.

2. I learned to face fear before fear faces you. It's easy to run from the things we are scared of and its even easier to never confront our weaknesses, but facing fear keeps you in touch with your inner strength and overall makes you invincible.

3. I learned to sacrifice things I love that maybe are not so healthy for me. Sometimes the biggest sacrifices of all are the ones that change us to become better people. What we take away, we earn in greater aspects than ever imaginable.

4. I learned to love unconditionally because when there are people in your life that mean something, you should adhere to those feelings, because nothing lasts forever, and everyone deserves to be loved.

5. I learned to give my opinion more than hold in what I want to say because those who speak are heard and those who do not speak are silent. Every opinion matters except the one no one knows about.

6. I learned to take chances before chances become regrets. I want to say I tried because even if I failed, I succeeded far more than the one who missed the chance.

7. I learned to trust people because trusting yourself is lonely and trusting others builds long-lasting relationships. When you admit to something or confide in someone else, you take a weight off your shoulder that you may never have thought existed.

8. I learned to dream and dream big because no dream is worth dreaming unless it is one that overflows your heart with joy and inspires you to keep moving forward in all aspects of life.

9. I learned to move on because some people are not in it for the long run and that is okay. It's okay to keep moving forward even if some people seem to be staying back. As you persist in life, more people will always find you, and you will always find them.

10. I learned to think before I speak because what is said is remembered and what you say can be heard. Sometimes choosing to keep it to yourself is better than saying something worth regretting.

11. I learned to believe in the unimaginable because believing in something is power and it is a power that no one can take away from you or stray you different. Seeing isn't believing, believing is seeing.

12. I learned to laugh even in a quiet room because those who laugh live longer and those who live longer have more time to laugh. Positive energy is a ripple effect and laughing in a quiet room can make a quiet room laugh.

13. I learned to fight because those who fight their own battles confront their problems face to face and in life when we fight for what we deem right, we feel a sense of pride.

14. I learned to enjoy every bit of life because everyday is a gift and if we don't enjoy the little things then we rely too heavily on the big things to mean so much.

15. I learned to engage because conversations are important and sometimes engaging in the right one can lead to unthinkable opportunities.

16. I learned to make memories because when you look back on yesterday or when you look back on last week, the moments that stand out are the ones you made a permanent memory. Things that are memorable get remembered, but things that are frequent or boring are forgotten.

17. I learned to grow because growing is not just getting taller and older, it's about growing more mature and becoming a wiser version of the individual you were yesterday. We grow with love, care and the ability to be empowered by others.

18. I learned to inspire because while you are always looking up to someone else, some else is always looking up to you. Stand to be a role model for another person even if that person is someone you do not know.

19. Last but certainly not least, I learned to keep learning because nothing is perfect or guaranteed and what we learn can better us. You learned to tie your shoes, go to the bathroom and ride a bike when you were little, but a deeper level of learning comes now. Don't think you already know everything; there is so much the world still has to teach you.