19 Things I Learned At 19

19 Things I Learned By 19

19 lessons I learned by my 19th birthday

75
19 Things I Learned By 19
Ingrid Geiser

Now is all you have

I have heard this my entire life, but over the last few years of my life I have begun to understand what this really means. We are never guaranteed a tomorrow, so we all need to live like it is our last day.

Take the high road

People are going to throw many curve balls. I have experienced many and I am still young. But, when people treat you badly or make you feel less than the easy thing to do is to make them feel the same. I have learned that this gets us no where and it is better to be the bigger person and fight back.

Call Your grandparents

Just do it. It will make their day.

Find music that makes you feel 

Music has made me who I am today. Browse music, talk to others about music, it is key in finding your true voice.

Change happens, let it 

Life is forever changing and the one of the worst things you can do is not accept this fact. Embrace the change and love the new path.

Thank you parents

Again, just do it.

READ

People write words for a reason. Appreciate other's stories and wisdom.

Get out of your comfort zone 

Don't just sit around and let life be boring. Get out there y'all.

Let yourself be imperfect

You're not perfect, you will never be, laugh about it.

It's okay to stay home 

It's okay to stay home with your cat and a movie. The party isn't as fun without you anyways.

Forgive but don't forget

People are going to hurt you. It is part of healing to forgive, but don't forget how they made you feel.

Fake it until you make it

Confidence takes time but I have learned that if you just pretend to know what you're doing, you will eventually get the hang of it.

Laugh often

It's the best medicine.

Find something bigger than yourself

Whether this be through faith or some other power, find something that makes this crazy world make a little more sense

Write it down

Get out your feelings!

Take pictures

These are the best memories to look back on.

Tell your friends you love them

They need to hear it and it will make your connections better.

Fall in love 

I did this once and it was one of the best experiences of my life.

No regrets, just lessons 

All your mistakes have led you hear. Don't regret anything, just learn.