19 Realizations You Have At 19 Years Old

"I feel like this year is really about, like, the year of just realizing stuff." -Kylie Jenner
1759

After 19 years of trial and error, I’ve decided to reflect on some of the things I’ve learned over the years. Sometimes we just need a little reminding that everyone around us is experiencing life at the same time and nobody knows all the answers. Although nothing is definite, it’s important to reflect on your experiences to learn and grow as a person.

Have Your Voice Heard: Become an Odyssey Creator

1. Don’t take everything so seriously. Have a sense of humor, even when everything is going terribly wrong.

2. People are so quick to look for the flaws in other people. Don’t allow small flaws to outweigh all the positive attributes in a person. Learn to love people’s imperfections.

3. You do not need to have all the answers because you need to live them. You need to experience everything and allow life to answers these questions with time.

4. If you ever feel stuck, you do not necessarily need to seek new landscapes but rather learn to see with new eyes.

5. When you watch your friends looking ridiculous, you realize how much you love them.

6. Never be sorry for how you feel.

7. Give the people around you the comfort to be themselves.

8. Talk with people who make you see things differently.

9. It’s ok to let yourself be vulnerable when it comes to love. It’s not a losing game of who is more emotionally secure.

10. Dance a lot and always sing in the car.

11. Seek advice from others but have the courage to trust your judgment.

12. Choose your worries wisely.

13. If all your friends are going out, go with them. No one looks back on the nights they had plenty of sleep. The work never ends but college does.

14. Don’t compare yourself to others because you are you and that’s a really cool thing. Once you are content to be fully yourself, people will respect you.

15. Say yes to any opportunity that arises, even if it's outside your comfort zone. You will always gain something from a new experience.

16. Always apologize if you are in the wrong.

17. Travel a lot but don’t be a tourist. You will gain so much more by exploring and engaging with the community that surrounds you.

18. Be passionate about anything you care deeply about.

19. Smile at strangers.