Life is crazy. It can pass by quickly if you let it. As I start my 19th year, I'm taking some time to reflect on all I have learned so far.

1. Change can be good.

I hate change. Change is difficult, but it is also good. Change cultivates you into who you are and who you will become. Sometimes it sucks, but you must have faith that it will be OK. And most often, I find that the change is actually for the better.

2. Reading is important.

The older I get, the happier I am that I was a reader when I was younger. It is extremely helpful for your education and career (not to mention standardized testing). Keep reading!

3. It's OK to not fit in.

Sometimes not fitting in is a good thing. I'll quote Dr. Seuss, "Why fit in when you were born to stand out?" Fitting in might make you temporarily feel better, but eventually, you have to get comfortable with your true self.

4. Be genuine.

Authenticity is important. We live in a society where it's acceptable to be fake and superficial. Let's be real versions of ourselves.

5. It's not about finding time. It's about making time.

If something matters to you, you will make time for it. It doesn't matter how busy you are, you can always find time for something that's important to you.

6. You're blessed.

Do you live in the United States? Do you make more than $2 a day? If yes, then you're better off than over half of the rest of the world. Remember you are blessed, and don't take it for granted.

7. Traveling is worth it.

Traveling is expensive, time-consuming, and sometimes even dangerous. Go for it anyways. Seeing the world is the best education you can receive.

8. Love your family.

Love your parents. Love your siblings. They are the people that know you best, and the friends you will never scare away. Be proud to have your parents and siblings as your best friends.

9. It's OK to ask for help.

We aren't perfect. And we're not expected to be. Getting help with whatever you're struggling with is a good thing.

10. Everyone needs some alone time.

Alone time is important. You need time to relax, reflect, and get to know yourself. No matter if you're extroverted or introverted, you need to spend some time alone.

11. It's better to have one close friend than lots of superficial ones.

Fake friends aren't going to do you any good. It's better to have a friend you can be completely honest and real with than a bunch of people that hardly know you.

12. Sometimes your plans are not God's plans.

We like to know what our plans are for our life. But God sometimes changes them, and we need to trust Him through it. He always has the best plan for our life.

13. Leave your comfort zone.

Leaving your comfort zone is scary, but life is meant to be lived there. Outside of your comfort zone is where you live, learn, and grow to the fullest.

14. You're in charge of your own happiness.

You can complain all you want, but ultimately, you're in charge of your life. You make your own decisions. If you're not happy, change something.

15. Read your Bible and pray.

So many people have intentions to do this, but how many actually do? Spending time with God is necessary. Not only does He provide inspiration and encouragement, but He can also be your best friend.

16. Love is real, but it takes patience.

Sometimes you don't expect it. Love isn't always easy. It doesn't necessarily come to those who are looking for it. But don't rush it. Because after all, why would you want to rush something that you want to last forever?

17. Life isn't fair.

Sometimes people become successful that don't deserve it. They might not be as smart or as talented as you. But that's life. It's not fair. Once you get past that, you learn to work hard and keep fighting for your passions.

18. You're not meant to save the world.

We all want to change the world. We weren't created to save the world, Jesus was. Sometimes all you need to do is make a significant impact on one person's life (and that could be your own life).

19. Above all, God is faithful.

Life is hard. It's crazy. It's unfair. It's scary. Difficult times may come our way. However, God has infinite grace for us, and loves us more than any other human ever could. Remember this: He is faithful.