19 Cool, Totally Not Sketchy Things To Do In Boston According To Craigslist

15. Corner the mannequin market.

189
Maxim

I just moved to Boston, and I'm looking for fun things to do. So naturally, I turned to Craigslist. And I have found a community just brimming with fun things to do. All of these are verbatim ads that are 100% real.

1. Join the Illuminati.

"Explore Freemasonry (Inquire Within):

Get more knowledge and meaning out of life with a way to give back while gaining lifelong friendship from men of various backgrounds and occupations.

Regular fellowship through a worldwide fraternal brotherhood that has existed for hundreds of years with members that have included some of the original signers of the Declaration of Independence, prominent historical figures and past Presidents.

The Freemasons have provide all of this as well as a chance to donate to the local community through one of the largest charities, assisting the public through blood drives, scholarships and several youth programs as well as the Shriner's Hospitals in Boston and Springfield.

Check the local Lodge Website and Facebook page below for more information and please contact me to answer any questions and possibly schedule a meeting to discuss potential membership opportunities."

2. Switch Husbands.

"New England SWITCH: Spouses with Cruising Husbands"

Behavioral Impact Counselors at Law (BICAL) is conducting a focus group entitled: New England SWITCH: Spouses with Cruising Husbands.

BICAL is currently seeking volunteers to be part of a focus group. The purpose of this group is to provide feedback and opinion on the subject of spouses with cruising husbands through a swap."

3. Wingman Club.

"Are you Single guy and all your boys are married or have girlfriends. Want to go out but don't want to fly solo well we got the answer roll with us good looking normal guys ages 30 to 40 always looking to add a few good men, So if you're a Jedi and like ladies hit us up."

4. Banish Ghosts.

"Do you think your having Paranormal Problems in your home or Business or where ever, and don't know who to call. Since 1977 & with over thousands of Investigations in this field I believe I can help find what activities, that is going on. Nobody has to know, We keep this between you and us. It free No cost, No tips, so If you need Help E-mail me
Thank You
Glen"

5. Become A Nudist.

"Nudist Friends: I'm looking for others who are interested in enjoying the freeing experience of being nude with others. Individuals, couples, or a small group. I'm looking for people who can have company or know of private local areas where we could meet. Be 20-50, and living a healthy life, open minded, etc.

It would be great to find people with private outdoor space when the weather gets warmer."

6. Join A Paranormal Investigation Squad (Again).

"We are a Native American based Paranormal group based out of Eastern Connecticut. We are currently seeking to help people free of charge with Investigations. We have a very talented Clairvoyant and a lead Investigator and 2 others as support staff. Please feel free to contact us at any time if you need help or you feel there is something that's bothering you. All our cases are 100% confidential and investigations are free even if you just have just questions. We don't have a charge we are here to help you with your Paranormal needs. We do look forward to hearing from you soon. Here's a number you can reach me at day or night. Feel free to call text or email. Thanks for your time Chad "

7. Join A Vampire Hive.

"This is a vampire hive looking for new members in this area. For all that are interested or are a Vampyre, this will be a place to get in contact with each other. There will be a clan website and other Strigoi Vii activities. More info via email.

THE STRIGOI VII CHARGE:
I AM Strigoi Vii.
I am the Ruler of My Dream and seek never to die.
When in My Dayside, I am rational and materialistic.
Yet, by My own Will, I can enter the world mystic
And move to My Nightside, beyond the Veil.
I realize all things are possible and by My Will I prevail.
Within the equilibrium I find My Twilight.
I move closer to Zhep'r with every Flight.
I understand the difference between knowledge and belief.
Death is My only true enemy -- it shall never conquer Me.
I am Immortal, and Life I embrace.
I lead, explore, and feed to My taste.
I create, I love, and I celebrate,
For I know Life's pleasures all surely await!
I shall always uphold The Black Veil, My Covenant,
The basis of Our Mysteries and beginning of My imprint.
Though I sit atop the food chain I respect all other living things,
For they have their place due to the Energy they bring.
Thus I honor those who give Me their most precious gift.
Strigoi Vii is My spiritual Family, My sacred Heritage.
None shall keep Me from Zhep'r, for I am My own God!
I rejoice in My nature, Myself I applaud!
I AM Strigoi Vii. . .
HAIL ELORATH!"

8. Women's Friday Night PJ Party.

"Hi, I am a male into the spiritual peaceful open enjoying a fun happy life.I enjoy cooking and eating good seafood also open to new ideas....my special is the fresh haddock scallop plate chicken wings and steak tips.. ..I am trying to start a small Friendship style group where we would meet at my home Friday night PJ style party all night there would be music,dance,food,wine and smoke all are welcome no pressure who share the lifestyle joy freedom of eating good food also to develop a close friendship understanding peace of mind life is meant to enjoy if interested please leave me a way to contact you phone please for more information.Thank you"

9. Laughter Therapy With This Totally Not Sketchy Man.

"Do you love to laugh? I'm a man that has done research on laughter and ticklishness during my college days. Since then I have developed a combination foot tickle/massage that is a great stress release and total mind/body healer. I'm looking for a woman with ticklish feet that likes to laugh and enjoys massages to volunteer her soles and toes for exploration. No pay so please do not flag ... this is more for fun and to spread the joy of laughter at this point than continued research but the right volunteer could learn a lot about the art of Tickling and we could possibly work on this technique together in various ways in the future. I'm sure some fun curious woman out there could use a good foot rub and ticklish fit of laughter to destress her day. If you have some free time on your hands to volunteer why not help yourself and learn/experience something new? Laughter truly is the best medicine and the feet are the doorway to the rest of the body. Are you ready to laugh? What a great way to spend a half hour lunch break or an hour after work !! I understand that this is different and not for everybody but if it's not for you there is no reason for you to email me to tell me so lol."

10. Learn to Live Without Food By Borrowing Peter's Book.

"Breatharianism, Inedia, and Living without Food: F.A.Q. :-) I'm Peter the Breatharian, maybe you know me, I reside here in the Valley. I wrote a cheap book and you can borrow it for free, too!"

11. Become Really Serious About Metal Detecting.

"Metal Detector People Wanted:

I am looking for people that are serious about metal detecting. Someone that enjoys getting out and enjoying the warm weather.This person can be either a female or male as long as they know how to have fun and enjoy their surroundings. Must have equipment and some knowledge of metal detecting."

12. Get Your Big Break In The Music Industry.

"LARGEST INTERNET MUSIC SHOW IN HISTORY:

NEW *** TALENT *** WANTED
FOR OUR LOCAL VIDEOS SECTION
ON
MUSIC SHOW NEW ENGLAND

WE ARE THE LARGEST NON-PROFIT

MUSIC SHOW ON YOUTUBE/INTERNET

SEE P L A Y L I S T S (youtube.com/musicshownewengland)

IF YOU ARE A SINGER OR A MUSICIAN OR PART OF
A POPULAR BAND WITH BOTH NEW MUSIC
AND COVERS...THIS COULD BE YOUR "B I G"
B R E A K ! NO FEES INVOLVED

IS NOW ACCEPTING L O C A L N . E. AREA
ENTERTAINERS ON OUR PRIVATELY PRODUCED
SHOW IN WEYMOUTH, MA"

13. Big Gay Al's Gay Bowling League.

"Join the largest gay bowling league in Massachusetts and Rhode Island and help raise money for AIDS-related charities.
Big Gig Gay Al's kicks off this Tuesday, May 23rd at 7:15 pm, come early, stay late. Raise money for a good cause.
EVERYONE is welcome, gay, straight, bi, queer, even Republicans, we'll take your money."

14. Medieval Combat LARPing.

"Medieval Combat every Thursday from 4-7pm at Mathews Park in Norwalk, CT.

New players welcome - loaner gear available!

Fighting is fast-paced medieval style with weapons padded for full contact. Participants engage in simulated medieval combat and attempt to defeat their opponents in a variety of scenarios ranging from duels to castle sieges. We use swords, shields, spears, axes, grappling, offensive shield work, archery, and more! No spells or classes, just straight up sword bashing. We have loaner gear for new members! No experience necessary!"

15. Corner The Mannequin Market.

"SELLING MANNEQUINS AT $75 EACH (TORSO MANNEQUINS ARE FOR $45), FIRST COME FIRST SERVE!

IN GREAT CONDITION, MINIMAL WEAR AND TEAR.

COME ON BY AND TAKE A LOOK FOR YOURSELF!

WILL NOT FIND THEM CHEAPER IN THIS CONDITION ANYWHERE ELSE."

16. Scavenger Hunt For Money?

"We Hide Money, You Find It. We hide money in public places and reveal their locations at Plentie of Twenties. It's fun, it's free and it's legit."

17. Get A Tarot Card Reading From Kevin.

"☑Please call Psychic Medium Kevin24x7 any time.

Contact Kevin anytime 24x7 for an afternoon or evening of Tarot Card reading. Optional audience participation and a question and answer session. Kevin's messages are almost always upbeat and full of hope!

"I attended the Boston Convention Center event in April and received a reading from Kevin. I must say that I was impressed! During the session, my grandmother came through and provided additional information that Kevin couldn't have known. I enjoyed my reading with Kevin so much that I just booked a medium party with him at my home in Rhode Island. I'm really looking forward to the reaction of my family and friends when Kevin starts channeling the messages through to them. I can't wait!

In addition to Kevin's reading, he also helped me understand how I can cleanse my own energy and keep it uplifted. I sometimes have a problem letting negative comments affect me adversely, but Kevin told me how I can protect myself and bring more positive energy into my life."

18. Visit The Baby Psychic.

"What is your baby thinking? Want to know? Help us find out!
The UMass Boston Baby Lab studies memory, learning, and development in infants and toddlers!
We are looking for families with infants:
Between 8 and 24 months old for:
-One hour study
-Baby watches a short video while sitting on your lap
-You will receive $20, free parking and a small gift."

19. JAMES MOSS

(That photo is the entire ad. Listed under community activities.)

Needless to say, Boston is brimming with fun opportunities to fill your summer! After browsing Craigslist, I simply can't wait to get started.