18 Moments From The 2018 Olympics That Were Pure Gold

The Internet was the true winner of this Winter Olympics.

972

The Olympics are one of the most looked forward to events, being they occur every two years. It has been four years since the last Winter Olympic Games, and to say this year has been crazy so far would be an understatement.

This year, South Korea has hosted the games in Pyeongchang, and the athletes have been giving the audience one heck of a show. Whether you most look forward to hockey, figure skating, snowboarding, skiing, etc., the games are a great way to get together and bond. Here are 18 golden moments from the 2018 Winter Olympics:

1. When United States snowboarder Red Gerard was totally relatable as he won his gold.

Cause who else besides a 17-year-old guy would go to the Olympics, oversleep, lose their jacket then say "holy f*ck" as he won the gold on live television. Oh, let's not forget to mention he is the youngest American to ever medal in snowboarding.

2. When the United States figure skater, Mirai Nagasu, was the first American woman to land a Triple Axel at the Olympics.

3. Double sunglasses man.

South Korean figure skater stunned and amused the entire crowd when he revealed he was wearing not one, but two pairs of sunglasses.

4. United States snowboarder Chloe Kim's tweets.

Moments, before she was dropping into the halfpipe, Chloe Kim won Twitter. Because Olympians totally get hangry too....

5. ...And her gold medal win.

Moments after tweeting about her hanger, Chloe Kim dropped into the Halfpipe and became the youngest women to win an Olympic Halfpipe competition at age 17. Chloe Kim also became the most relatable lady at the Olympics when she said,

"I was trying so hard to hold the tears back, 'cause I was like, I can't cry right now, I can't do this, I worked so hard on my eyeliner." -Chloe Kim

6. When AT&T droids crashed skiing.

Okay, so maybe that didn't actually happen, but props to the genius who mashed these together.

7. When United States snowboarder Shaun White dominated the halfpipe, winning his 3rd gold medal.

Because White is the new Gold... #amiright

8. When the United States Olympic athletes walked out to Gangnam Style.

With 242 athletes, the United States walked out with the largest group of athletes in any winter game...ever!

9. When Swiss Skier Fabian Bösch formed a new way to catch an escalator ride.

10. When Norway's curling team wore pink pants for Valentine's Day.

11. When the Pacific Island Nation of Tonga gave viewers an oiled-up, shirtless hunk for the 28-degree opening ceremony.

12. When a Czech SNOWBOARDER won gold in women's alpine skiing super-G.

And yes, Ester Ledecka of the Czech Republic was just as shocked as we were.

13. When Austrian Snowboarder, Markus Schairer broke his neck, but got up and finished his run.

While the beginning of this moment is grim, it had a truly remarkable twist as the Austrian got up and finished his run with a broken neck.

14. When impersonators totally made the crowd believe Trump and Kim Jong Un became buddies for the Olympic Games.

Before getting kicked out of the opening ceremony, these two impersonators were definitely turning heads. It had all turned out to be #Fakenews.

15. When Olympic commentators Johnny Weir and Tara Lipinski made us wonder if they were pulled straight out of The Hunger Games.

I mean, they totally look like they just came from the Capital. Johnny even wore faux birds in his hair!

16. The historic moment where North and South Korea came together as a unified team.

17. Canadian Ice Dancers Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir won gold in their last Olympics.

tessa and scott

What a perfect way to end an Olympic career –– with a gold medal. They also became the most decorated figure skaters in history with 5 medals.

18. When we weren't sure if the US athletes were Olympians or Astronauts...

Because hey, why not put the athletes in Spacesuits? IMO, they looked cool af up there.

These moments are just a few of the many that have made these Olympics so memorable. All I can say is I can't wait to see what the games have in store for us as it wraps up.