18 Little Things To Thank Your Mom For

18 Little Things To Thank Your Mom For

Because all those little things certainly add up to one special mama.

69
18 Little Things To Thank Your Mom For
Emily Busch

Everyday is the right time to thank your mom for everything she does for you, but with Mother's Day just around the corner, it's a special time to remind her why she is so important to you. While we all know the big things she does, here are some little things you may have forgotten to thank her for this year.

1. All those "are you ok?" texts

Again? You thought you didn't respond for a few hours, but looking back at your text history, it's been three days and seven texts from your mom and you haven't replied to any of them. Well, I guess it's understandable to be concerned when your mom hasn't heard from you in weeks. Deep down, you know she just wants to make sure you're doing alright.

2. Those times you got mad at her because she wouldn't let you do something, but then understanding what a horrible decision that would've been

Mom, this isn't a phase. I know I'm 13, but I need to get this tattoo of my boyfriend on my arm and pierce my lip four times. Uhg, I just can't believe you won't let me. It isn't fair. ...turns out it was a phase after all. Thanks for thinking of my future, Ma.

3. That time she came in clutch with paying your rent because you spent all your money on Chipotle that month

Budgets are hard, especially when you're working fours hours a week at your minimum wage job, but your rent is $750. You go out to eat one or four or 37 times one month and somehow only have $3.58 in your bank account. Why does this always happen to you?

4. Chauffeuring you and your friends around when you couldn't drive

She probably had more important things to do that day, but Hollister was having a sale, so you just had to get to the mall, stat.

5. Always coming to your games and performances

It could've been -30 degrees in a blizzard, but your mom still showed up to that team scrimmage, even though you told her it wasn't important at all. It was always nice to see a smiling face on the sidelines, no matter how many jackets and blankets it was covered in.

6. When she made you do chores around the house

Sure it wasn't fun when she wouldn't let you go to your friend's house before you vacuumed your room, but thanks to her, now you know how to do laundry and clean the shower, all by yourself.

7. Making meals for you

It probably didn't even occur to you how much work she put in every single day to feed your growing bottomless stomach. Living on your own, you're probably just eating cereal and granola bars for every meal, but Mom never fed you Fruit Loops for dinner seven times a week. Mom never let you down.

8. Never-ending support

It probably took you way too long to realize you actually weren't so good at singing because your mom thought you were the best. She always encourages you to follow your dreams, whatever those dreams might be.

9. Sending you back to school with all the groceries and goodies you could imagine when you come home

You won't have to go grocery shopping for a month with all of the food she put aside for you while you were gone. Plus, raiding the kitchen at home is like going grocery shopping, except you didn't even have to bring your wallet.

10. Never forgetting to acknowledge your accomplishments (no matter how small)

She was just as proud when you graduated high school or got your driver's license as she was when you made it to school on time for once or got an A on your weekly reading quiz.

11. When she let you skip school, even though you weren't sick

Your professors wouldn't understand, but your mom saw the exhausted expression on your face and the struggle in your eyes and knew you needed to take a day for yourself to strengthen your mental state.

12. Taking pictures, even when you were embarrassed

Another prom picture mom? Hurry, the party bus is leaving soon. Looking back at the memories your mom captured of your childhood is priceless. There's no other way you would remember every detail.

13. Taking care of you when you were sick

She waited on you hand and foot, bringing blankets and soup and movies to you in bed, all while she was risking exposure to your sickly germs.

14. Those times you called her crying because you just couldn't be an adult anymore

You thought you could make it on your own, but as it turns out, you actually couldn't write that 25 page paper three hours before it was due and in the end do you even want to major in biochemistry? Plus, you've got that big job interview tomorrow and don't even know where it is. When you're stressed out of your mind, there's only one person that can calm your nerves; Mom.

15. Endless hugs

Sometimes, you can feel the most love without exchanging a word. There's no more comforting place than in your mom's arms.

16. Always being prepared

Who knew you were going to trip on the pews at your cousin's wedding? You didn't, but your mom already thought ahead of your clumsy self and whipped out the Band-Aids and ibuprofen from her purse and had you all taken care of before you could tell her what happened.

17. Helping with your homework

Let's be real, who could really memorize all those multiplication tables and do them in two minutes? You could, but only after your mom made flashcards for you and stayed up until 1:00am with you practicing.

18. Unconditional love

So maybe this one isn't a "little thing," but it's probably something you don't thank your mom for enough. You're pretty sure you could murder someone and your mom would still love you and that takes a very special kind of love. Nobody loves you quite like your mom does.

Don't forget to call your mom and thank her for everything she does for you. We wouldn't be anywhere without our mom's support, encouragement and love. Happy Mother's Day and we love you!