17 Things That Need To Stay Back In 2017

See ya never, 2017

302
Max Pixel

2017 is over and thank the good lord for that! While this year did have some highlights (The #MeToo movement, Roy Moore losing to Doug Jones, Australia legalizing same-sex marriage), most of the year was terrible. Tragedies, natural disasters, and political instability rocked the globe. 2018 needs to be spectacular to make up for the last two years that were actual dumpster fires. We as a society need some universal resolutions to make this year great. Let's shed the old and bring in the new. Here's a list of 17 things that need to be left in 2017.

1. Steve Bannon

We didn't want you and your discriminating, divisive views in 2017 and definitely don't want them in 2018. Please disappear.

2. Unicorn and Mermaid everything

EVERYONE wanted to be a unicorn or mermaid in 2017. Let's find something better for the new year. I suggest witches or dragons.

3. Fidget Spinners

Quite possibly the most annoying trend of the year, teachers and professors everywhere will rejoice if these stay in 2017.

4. Sexual Predators

Goodbye and good riddance. The #MeToo helped to bring down notorious sexual harassers in Hollywood and it's only getting stronger across the nation. A word of advice: stay in 2017 or face the consequences in 2018.

5. Adding -gate to every scandal ever

We get it, it's a scandal. You don't need to tack -gate on the end to make it catchy and fun. Let's be a little more creative in our scandal names in 2018.

6. MAGA

America just "become" great out of nowhere. It always has been and will continue to be. 2018 doesn't need more MAGA and red trucker hats.

7. FitTea ads

These may be even more annoying than fidget spinners. FItTea ads and the like flooded Instagram and helped to push questionable diet aids and unrealistic body image. Definitely not needed in the new year.

8. White Supremacists and Nazis

You and Steve Bannon can head back to the 1940s where you belong. We have to be accepting of every race, heritage, sexual orientation, and religion. If you can't get on board with that, then there's no room for you in 2018.

9. Internet Trolls

Please get out of your basement and see the sun in 2018. It will be best for everyone.

10. TV show reboots

Not every great TV show needs to be rebooted. Let things end on a high note and leave the copious amounts of reboots in 2017.

11. Toxic Exes

You never need toxic people in your life and your ex is included. Listen to Dua Lipa and leave them in 2017.

12. Minions

These little, yellow monsters have overstayed their welcome. You and your babbling gibberish can stay in 2017.

13. Standard Gender Roles

Boys can play with dolls and girls can watch sports. Men can stay home with their kids and women can be CEOs. 2017 was the time to get over it and 2018 is the time to move on.

14. Dabbing

There's no room for dabbing in the upcoming year. 2018 will surely bring some new dance craze or weird and trendy move that'll replace it in a heartbeat.

15. The Patriarchy

The patriarchy is going down just like 2017. Burn it to the ground, sIs.

16. Self Doubt

Something you definitely didn't need in 2017, this needs to be left in the flames of last year.

17. Being quiet when we should speak up

Speak your mind. Voice your opinion. Say something when you see an injustice or a wrong. 2018 is the time to be unabashedly loud and proud.