17 Struggles Every Chick-Fil-A Employee Has Once Been Through
popular

Damn Chicken.

3475
Savannah Sanders

We all come to have this unusual love and hatred for chicken. Most people do not get it, but from making the perfect ice-cream cone, to making the coolest mixtures of drinks, we have perfected the art and lived to tell the tale. Here is a list of things any Chick-Fil-A employee would understand:

1. There is no such thing as overusing the phrase “My Pleasure.”

From the day you start your training, you need to engrave this into your skull. It will be now a part of your life, until the day you decide you have done your fair share. You just wait for people to say “thank you”, so you can hit them back with that delightful saying, “my pleasure”.

2. IT’S POLY-ENI-SION PEOPLE!

You slowly but surely come to the conclusion that you will always have that one customer that calls it the “red sauce”, the “Hawaiian sauce”, or the “parmesan sauce”. And you slightly laugh when they ask for it, you just try not to make it that noticeable.

3. “No you cannot get eight sauces for ONE eight count nugget.”

We all have been here, and we all react differently…but when it's constant car after car, you start to get worried. I mean, would you like a straw to drink your sauces? One time, I actually had a customer tell me, “I put the sh*t on everything!”

4. It is perfectly normal to leave and have oil all over you, or half a milkshake on you.

If you work in the kitchen, like I did, you for sure always had oil or flour on you. If you worked in front, there was always that possibility of making a milkshake too fast and it splattering all over you.

5. Cow Appreciation Day.

Here’s a remix for y’all… “ We're going up, on a Tuesday, your girl dressed as a cow and she choosey. Wanting no salt fries and a smoothie, 45 sauces and some cookies…but wait do we even have smoothies?” Here is to all the ignorant people we get on Cow Appreciation Day. Just because you look halfway like a cow doesn’t mean you get your whole meal for free. So you better go big or go home.

6. Running out of bread and fries in the same shift!

T’was the night of 12 Stone Rush we ran out of bread and fries, all because someone didn’t order enough when the truck decided to come through. So thanks Dwarf house CFA for being the real MVP’s and letting us steal some bread and fries.

7. Heart shaped anything ruins my life.

Yes, I know we are just trying to make our customers happy by making cute little heart biscuits, but can we stop? It is just a constant reminder about how single I actually am.

8. Lunch time…you mean no time?

Cruising into lunch rush with the chutes emptier than my DM’s. *Waits forever for a sandwich*

9. Why don’t you actually READ the MENU board?

It’s crazy…I know!? But did you ever think about looking at the menu board to answer the one million questions you were about to ask me? It tells you what salad dressings we have as well as the desserts. Taking a second to look will not kill you. I promise. It will save my breath and your time.

10. The four count chicken McNugget meal is NOT a thing.

Look, I’m sorry we’re not as cheap as McDonalds, but our nuggets are 10X better. So please don’t call them McNuggets, or I will get offended and tell you to leave.

11. Started from the bottom, now I'm baggin’.

Anyone understands the constant battle from being moved off of front counter to bagging. It really helps you not lose your sanity even though it might be really busy.

12. Customers stop reminding us that we are busy…WE KNOW.

I didn’t know I couldn’t see. But thanks for the constant reminder of how much I don’t want to be here.

13. Being on window and the headset person can’t keep up.

I mean damn, I have to take the money, smile, name every freaking sauce there is and make these Diet Dr. Peppers too? You can’t do your own job? All you have to do is press a button.

14. New people problems.

It is seriously like a ritual, once you are hired; all new people go through it. You have to: drain the water tower (that never stops flowing) and rotate the ice (because we always need fresh ice at the bottom).

15. Name tag (check), speeding ticket (maybe next time).

We all have been there, going 10 or more over the speed limit just to get to work on time. The bad thing is, you get pulled over. But wait, you remember to say that you are about to be late for work and you flash them that name tag and they give you a warning. Like a badass.

16. iPads on deck, but only one squeegee?

I mean there are like five iPads, but we only get one squeegee? Are you being serious? I don’t know about you…but I am trying to get out of here. Can’t do that when the kitchen is hogging the one and only squeegee the store has.

17. Leaning tower of trays…LITERALLY.

Anyone who is about to leave for their shift understands this issue. The leaning tower of trays, literally. You might have to get a ladder just to reach the top one, because during a rush, those suckers get used up too quick.

Here is a list of only some of the things we struggle with as employees. Just wait, in time, there will be more.