17 Things I learned in2017

17 Things I learned in2017

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin.
145

As January begins to wrap up, I have found myself reflecting on the past year that I have just lived. 2017 was indeed an exciting year for me. I found myself living through a hectic year that taught me numerous things. So here are the 17 things I learned in 2017.

1) Failure is okay. Learn from it and move on.

I found myself struggling with specific classes, and it reflected my grades. But, after a terrible semester, I learned from it and went back and made sure I bought a significant improvement in the quality of my work. This growth often came by asking questions.

2) Find what is important to you and pursue it

I have realized that I am passionate about so many things. But I never tried to continue them. I choose to do so by making sure I pick one passion and begin working on it.

3) Pace yourself. Have a schedule and continue.

I learned that if I pace myself and set a schedule for myself, I will accomplish everything I need to. I realized that being disorganized will push my failure rather than success.

4) Stuck in the past? Talk to someone close to you and move on

If you have experienced something that you are disappointed with then reflect on it and move on it. If you can't, resolve it, and you can't move on from experience, talk to someone you are close to and talk it out or ask for advice.

5) Don’t get distracted

If you tend to stray from the path you are on, put yourself in situations you will be forced to trail on your track. For me, the best way I used to finish assignments would be by sitting at school.

6) Use your time wisely

Know what is important to you, and don't waste your time doing other tasks that are not important.

7) Want something? Earn it.

You won't get anything in your hands. If you want it, earn it. For me, if I wanted good grades then I had to make sure I did everything to ensure to achieve the grades which were outstanding.

8) Care about something take action.

I believe that every voice can leave an impact. I have begun my journey to accomplish everything that I support and will continue to voice my opinion.

9) Don’t let your fear get the best of you

I learned that if I am scared of something, it shouldn’t hold me back from doing things. It also prevents me from doing things that I am already aware of it. I realize that no matter what, even if I fail, I have to try everything.

10) Take risks

If I don’t know the results of something, it shouldn’t prevent me from doing what I genuinely need to.

11) Keep educating yourself

I need to keep learning. Even when I am on break, I need to keep learning. Thus, I decided to learn from Ted Talks, articles, and even my peer writers.

12) Value friendships. Keep meeting new people

This past semester, I tried an internship which ended in a weird way. However, despite the negative experience, I met new people and even made a new friend.

13) Prioritize

I learned that if I keep in mind things that are going to keep me from the goals that I want to achieve. Whether it is making sure I finish my dual degree or even reach my health goals, I have to put my mind to it and keep going if there is some failure along the way.

14) Don’t worry about what others think about you.

I spent a lot of time worrying about what others thought of me. But, I knew I had to change this aspect. This drastically changed for myself when I chopped long hair and had to rock a pixie. This was a drastic change that would allow me to reflect on myself and look at myself positively and forget what others were saying.

15) Ask for advice if you're lost.

I am yet lost in my future. Thus, I began asking those around me to suggest what I should do. Even if it means sitting and listening. Also if it means trying things that I am scared to do so.

16) Cherish everything you have, especially time.

If you begin cherishing the good things in life, and your time, you will accomplish so much in your life.

17) I have a lot to learn.

I don’t have all the knowledge in the world, so I plan to keep learning. Yes, I will have some moments where I may stare at the wall. But I must I keep learning, as it is the only thing that will keep me going.