7. When you see the waiter coming with your food
Popular Right Now
Choosing the caption for your Instagram can be almost as challenging as deciding on a filter. So, if you’re ready to post that Insta, but don’t know what to say, here are 44 lyrics for when you need an Instagram caption.
1. “Be young, be dope, be proud.” - Lana Del Rey, "American"
2. “I can’t really see another squad tryna cross us.” - Drake, "No Tellin’"
3. “Darling I’m a nightmare dressed like a daydream.” - Taylor Swift, "Blank Space"
4. “I’m throwin' shade like it’s sunny.” - Nicki Minaj, "Want Some More"
5. “I’m gonna live like tomorrow doesn't exist.” - Sia, "Chandelier"
6. “Find me where the wild things are.” - Alessia Cara, "Wild Things"
7. “If I was you, I'd wanna be me too.” - Meghan Trainor, "Me Too"
8. “Sweet like candy to my soul, sweet you rock and sweet you roll.” - Dave Matthews Band, "Crash Into Me"
9. “I swear this life is like the sweetest thing I’ve ever known.” - Drake, "Over"
10. “I hope you never lose your sense of wonder.” - Lee Ann Womack, "I Hope You Dance"
11. “But if you close your eyes, does it almost feel like nothing’s changed at all? - Bastille, "Pompeii"
12. “You may say I’m a dreamer, but I’m not the only one.” - John Lennon, "Imagine"
13. “You can’t choose what stays and what fades away.” - Florence + The Machine, "No Light, No Light"
14. “She acts like summer and walks like rain.” - Train, "Drops of Jupiter
15. “She’s a good girl, loves her mama. Loves Jesus, and America too.” - Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, "Free Fallin’"
16. “Lights will guide you home, and ignite your bones.” - Coldplay, "Fix You"
17. “Say you’ll remember me.” - Taylor Swift, "Wildest Dreams"
18. I’ve got thick skin and an elastic heart.” - Sia, "Elastic Heart"
19. “Give me the beat boys and free my soul.” - Uncle Kracker, "Drift Away"
20. “One of these days the clocks will stop, and time won’t mean a thing.” - Foo Fighters, "These Days"
21. “Sunshine mixed with a little hurricane.” - Brad Paisley, Perfect Storm
22. “You are the piece of me I wish I didn’t need.” Zedd feat. The Foxes, "Clarity"
23. “Her mind is Tiffany twisted, she’s got the Mercedes bends.” - The Eagles, "Hotel California"
24. “Life imitates art.” - Lana Del Rey, "Gods And Monsters"
25. “Nobody said it was easy, no one said it would be this hard.” - Coldplay, "The Scientist"
26. “You’re gonna keep my soul, it was yours to have long ago.” - State Radio, "Keepsake"
27. “Celebrate we will ‘cause life is short but sweet for certain.” - Dave Matthews Band, "Two Step"
28. “It’s always darkest before the dawn.” - Florence + The Machine, "Shake it Out"
29. “There are many things I’d like to say to you but I don’t know how.” - Oasis, "Wonderwall"
30. “You say you want a revolution, well you know we all wanna change the world.” - The Beatles, "Revolution"
31. “God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.” Billy Currington, "People Are Crazy"
32. “Well my heart is gold, and my hands are cold.” - Halsey, "Gasoline"
33. “I don’t want to be heard, I want to be listened to.” - Twenty One Pilots, "Forest"
34. “Where you invest your love, you invest your life.” - Mumford and Sons, "Awake My Soul"
35. “I think I need a sunrise, I’m tired of the sunset.” - Augustana, "Boston"
36. “All of these lines across my face tell you the story of who I am.” - Brandi Carlile, "The Story"
37. ‘Ready or not, here I come. Where you at? The night is young.” - Bridgit Mendler, "Ready or Not"
38. “In the land of Gods and Monsters, I was an angel.” - Lana Del Rey, "Gods And Monsters"
39. “Turns out not where, but who you’re with that really matters.” - Dave Matthews Band, "Best Of What’s Around"
40. “Know yourself, know your worth.” - Drake, "0 to 100"
41. “I’m little but I’m coming for the crown.” - Lorde, "Still Sane"
42. “Didn’t they tell you I was a savage?” - Rihanna, "Needed Me"
43. “Hands in the air like we don’t care.” - Miley Cyrus, "We Can’t Stop"
44. “I’ma keep running because a winner don’t quit on themselves.” - Beyonce, "Freedom"
I'm an out of state student with lots of home state pride. I come from the multi-seasonal, always traffic packed, Wawa saturated state of New Jersey. When I moved down south for college I came from White Christmases to 80 degree weather in December. To say it was an adjustment would be an understatement. If you're a northerner student who moved to the south I'm sure you can relate to coming to these 10 realizations about the south…
1. There are Waffle Houses every other mile.
There's nothing like late night waffles and hearing someone yell your order across the restaurant!
3. Shopping carts are buggys?
When I first went shopping with my Floridian roommates I was quickly informed that the baskets you push through the grocery store aisles are in fact buggys, not shopping carts.
4. Liquor is sold in grocery stores.
I'm still thrown off whenever I'm food shopping and I see the liquor aisles.
5. The bigger the t-shirt the better.
As a petite 90lb. girl oversized t-shirts were very easy to come by but not easy to pull off. The southern way of styling these oversized tee's is with a pair of Nike shorts or leggings. While attempting to achieve the look I realized I was extremely comfy but I also looked like a marshmallow… but comfort over anything else, am I right?
6. Christmas lights on palm trees
Southerners will put Christmas lights around the trunks of palm trees and act like it's acceptable Christmas decor. My response? No it is not. Nothing can replace true Christmas trees for me.
7. Saying 'y'all' instead of 'you guys'
As a Jersey girl never have I ever used to term, "y'all"... until this year. Living in the south I've definitely picked up the slang.
8. Your "northern accent"
Although I've picked up some southern slang I can't quite get by as a southerner. People often comment on my northern accent… that I didn't know existed until now.
9. Coming home and freezing when it's 65 degrees
Anything under 75 degrees might as well be the arctic at this point.
10. People holding the door holding the door and smiling at you
Southern hospitality is a thing and it's not something I'm used to, but I'm 100% a fan!
I've had some adjusting to do living life in the south but trading cold northern winters for prime weather, friendly southerners and Waffle House is something I could get used to!