16 Struggles You Face If You Attract F*ckboys

ISO: Someone who won't ghost me.

94
The Brita Broad

So you f*ck with f*ckboys.

Most of us do at some point in our lives. Welcome to the club. Whether you’ve been part of the hook-up culture for years or are contemplating a trial run, here are 16 (of many) struggles you have already faced or will face during your time with a f*ckboy.

1. Needing to find a way to distinguish all the f*ckboys from each other

Life is so much easier (and more fun!) when all the f*ckboys are grouped together under similar contact names in your phone. Whether you choose to number them (savage) or give them all different nicknames, pick a system that works for you because seeing “John??” in your contacts isn’t half as helpful (or well-deserved) as “F*ckboy #12” or “F*ckboy from Bio”.

2. But sometimes the names are so obscure you need to triple check before hitting send

Is “F*ckboy #18” Dave or Justin? Which one is “F*ckboy with the blonde hair”? This is why it’s crucial to pick a system that works for you. I recommend one that jogs your memory with minor, but telling details so that you never forget you met Dave before Justin and neither of them is #18 (because that’s Nick and you rather not invite him over again).

3. You shave *everything* every day (just in case)

Better safe than sorry!

4. You complain about their f*ckboy qualities even though you know what you signed up for

Just because you’re a Grade A f*ckboy doesn’t mean you can’t also be a somewhat decent human being, okay? And stop with the mind games, too. They're exhausting.

5. When your favorite is busy and you need to settle for one of the others

It’s a rough life.

6. There are so many f*ckboys in your life that your friends can no longer keep up when you’re telling stories or need to rant

Wait which one is Josh? The one from last semester? And when did you start talking to Taylor again?

7. The eye roll/”Oh my God!”/dramatic sigh you make when a f*ckboy hits you up after a month (or more!) of silence

You know what I’m talking about. It’s low key flattering, but high key annoying at the same time.

8. When a f*ckboy gets nosy and asks about other f*ckboys in your life and if he’s the best

Does it really matter who’s the best if you and I are still hooking up?

9. Going to your f*ckboy’s party and running into his other current hookup(s)

Who’s more at fault: you for going or him for inviting both/all of you?

10. The different emotional rollercoasters that they each put you through

One day you guys are cultivating a strong Snap streak, and the next, he’s deleting and then re-adding you. F*ckboys give me headaches.

11. Running into your f*ckboys on campus and not knowing whether to wave/smile or ignore each other completely

On the bright side, you've got a 50/50 shot each time!

12. Having to hear your f*ckboy talk about his greatness and how proud he is to be a f*ckboy

No, having a huge ego does not make you “the sh*t.” It makes you a piece of sh*t.

13. Or worse, when he thinks he’s way greater than he actually is, and it takes everything in you not to tell him otherwise

Unless you’re like me and you don’t care enough to suppress your laughter and/or cruel thoughts. Hey, someone needs to deflate the ego, right?

14. Needing to send that risky, late night text to a f*ckboy after a night out

So you couldn’t pull tonight, or maybe no one new was worth the effort. Oh well, there's nothing wrong with sticking to what (or who) you know.

15. Wanting to be possessive over your f*ckboy(s) but knowing you can’t be for a multitude of reasons

It’s hard to share sometimes, okay?

16. Pretending not to care when they eventually ghost you

Except even though they treated you poorly, you do care and hurt and maybe even cry because they left thinking you weren't worth the explanation.

Shout out to all the f*ckboys in my life who inspired this article and (sadly) make me face almost all of these struggles on the daily!!!