16 Reasons To Start A Fit Lifestyle In 2016

Because everyone needs to start somewhere.

19

Ready to start the new year off right? Get in shape and live a healthier life with these 16 points of inspiration.

1. Working Out Relieves Stress

No matter how old you are or what you’re doing with your life, we can all agree life is pretty stressful. And yes, believe it or not, working out can help. I know a lot of people consider working out itself to be stressful, but perhaps you’re trying the wrong form of exercise. Everyone has their own way of relieving stress from a long day, whether that’s in the form of kickboxing or taking a long walk while blasting music. And at the end of your workout, you’ll feel more accomplished and put together than you did before!

2. Eating Healthy Leads to a Longer Life

Who doesn’t want to live a long life? It’s no secret that what you put into your body determines how well you function. After all, you are what you eat. Taking care of your body will be rewarded in a long and healthy life. And a longer life means more time to enjoy the short time we have with those we love.

3. It Makes You Feel Good

Yes, it can be hard to initially start a workout, and you may ask yourself, “Why on Earth am I doing this to myself?” a few times throughout the routine, but at the end is what is most rewarding. There is nothing like the satisfaction of sweating your butt off and being able to say “I did it” at the end of the day.

4. And Also Look Good

Look good, feel good. Working out gives you a better body. And while looks aren’t everything, it never hurt anyone to be prepared for bikini season.

5. For Summer 2016

Yes, dreaded bikini season is only a few short months away and will be here before we know it! And while we all say that we have time to get into shape, it always seems that we get into a cycle of taking care of ourselves just a little too late for it to have much of an effect on our summer bodies. Start now so you can turn heads at the beach in your favorite two-piece.

6. And All the Other Summers

A healthy lifestyle means commitment. By committing yourself to eating healthier and having an active lifestyle, you are committing to a life full of summers where you actually can’t wait to go bikini shopping.

7. So You Can Afford to Splurge

Having a fit lifestyle is not the same thing as going on a diet, but it doesn't mean that you can’t live a little once in a while. We all have cravings and it certainly isn’t going to kill you to have a piece of chocolate or chips every now and then. By having a healthy lifestyle, you can give into these cravings with no regrets.

8. For That Outfit You Never Got to Wear

We all have that one tight dress or shirt that’s sat in the back of our closet since we purchased it thinking, “One day I’ll get in shape and wear it.” Finally being able to wear that piece of clothing with confidence will surely be rewarding for all your hard work.

9. To Strengthen Your Willpower

Eating healthy takes dedication and a hell of a lot of willpower. When you commit to eating healthy you’re going to be exposed to a lot of unhealthy options that you’ll need to find the willpower to turn down. At the dining hall, you’ll have to make a choice to get a spinach and mushroom omelet instead of a bagel for breakfast. You may have to give up the coffee creamer and sugar and stick to just plain milk. Regardless, these things will all make you have a stronger willpower at the end of the day.

11. And Therefore Challenge Yourself

Everyone loves a challenge. As stated above, there are going to be so many tempting foods put in front of you that you’re going to have to say “no” to. You’ll also have to challenge yourself into following through with your workout no matter how tired you are or how long of a day it’s been. A fit lifestyle is dedication and a challenge many people can’t stick with.

12. To Enjoy Nature on Walks, Hikes, and Runs

There’s nothing like waking up early to take a walk just in time to see the sun rise. When the weather is nice, exercise can be not only rewarding, but also enjoyable. Taking your workout outside will allow you to experience nature you may have previously overlooked, especially in our technology consumed world.

13. So You Can Defend Yourself if Need Be

We may deny it, but we live in a sometimes very scary world. Getting in shape will allow you to be strong enough to defend yourself if you’re ever in a situation where you have to. It never hurts to be able to hold your own.

14. So You Feel Confident in Your Own Skin

With the ideas of a perfect body being everywhere we look between all the different forms of media out there, it can be difficult to feel confident about yourself. A fit lifestyle will help you look and feel better and give you the chance to get rid of any doubts put in your mind.

15. So You Can Wear Whatever You Want

No more questioning whether or not you can pull off a certain outfit because you can. And of course, the endless Nikes and other athletic wear that is all over social media is tempting enough to start getting into a workout routine.

16. So You Can Be an Inspiration to Others

It’s important to be your own inspiration and to be able to say that you did it, but while pursuing your own fitness goals you’ll be setting an example for others to follow. Show your peers that it isn’t impossible to change your lifestyle and that it’s just one simple change of mind away.