Essential oils are one of the biggest up-and-coming products in the health scene. More and more people are seeing the positive effects of oils on both physical and mental health. My family has been using essential oils for years, and I've seen how much they can impact your everyday life. Essential oils have helped me a lot with things like insomnia and stress so I've compiled a list of 16 oils that can help if you're a stressed college student in need of some aromatherapy.

1. Lavender

Lavender is basically a cure-all. It's super relaxing and will calm your mind.

2. Lemon

Lemon oil is super cheerful and can boost your mood.

3. Rose

To some people, the scent of rose oil is soothing.

4. Ylang Ylang

Ylang Ylang oil can calm the mind after a long, stressful day.

5. Clary Sage

Studies have shown that clary sage oil can reduce stress significantly.

6. Lime

The lime scent can lift your spirits after a stressful, crazy day.

7. Cedarwood

Cedarwood is another oil that can create a calm atmosphere and is a great addition to your nighttime routine.

8. Vetiver

Diffusing vetiver oil can create a calm environment to promote a sense of wellness and relaxation. It can also help with tossing and turning at night.

9. Orange

Like other citrus oils, orange serves as a mood-booster and will help you bounce back from a bad day.

10. Bergamot

Bergamot is another uplifting scent that can lift your spirits.

11. Jasmine

This is a confidence-boosting scent that's also perfect to diffuse at night for a relaxing effect.

12. Roman Chamomile

Often used in nurseries and children's playrooms, roman chamomile oil is super popular because of its gentle and calming effects on the mind.

13. Frankincense

Frankincense is a comforting, woodsy scent that promotes mental wellness.

14. Peppermint

Peppermint is known to help your mind focus and to promote mental clarity.

15. Patchouli

This oil is one that can help create a peaceful atmosphere to help ease your mind.

16. Neroli

Neroli is historically known for its brightening scent, probably since it's part of the citrus group of oils.

Aromatherapy can be quite effective, and it works for a lot of people. Essential oils are gaining popularity fast, and you can find many online distributors such as Young Living where you can purchase these oils easily and quickly! Hopefully, with a few of these oils diffusing, you'll be on the road to relaxation.