15 First Week Of Camp Struggles

15 First Week Of Camp Struggles

Or every week..

8
15 First Week Of Camp Struggles
vo.msecnd.net/

Your internship fell through, all your friends are studying abroad or working internships away for the summer, and you still have yet to get a job. Where better to find employment than summer camps: where you're guaranteed to be needed in order to assist in the protection, monitoring and fight-stopping of children for a few weeks of the summer. While it's your job, it's quite the love-hate relationship.

1. Dealing with crazy parents who want to know every qualification you may have in order to make sure you're worthy of their child.

Yes, I've definitely been certified in CPR, stitching up gashes and curing cancer.

2. Also trying to assure said parents that you know how to care for children.

JK, I have no idea what I'm doing.

3. You try to learn all your kids' names, but they think it's funny pretending to be each other.

Seriously, I know you can't both be named Lake$ha.

4. Camp: "I can be healthy and get my exercise in!"

Never mind, it's cookout day and I just ate 12 hot dogs.

5. Swimming is a struggle because chlorine hair is painful.

Seriously can't brush my hair right now.

6. Actually no, the struggle is when campers climb on you in the deep end.

Wait, I seriously can't breathe, you guys are heavier than you think.

7. Stopping fights can be tough when, "Sally just sent the meanest text, and I just can't handle her".

C'mon guys, let's just get back to our finger-painting.

8. When you really feel that afternoon slump.

God, I knew I needed five pots of coffee this morning, not one.

9. But everything gets better because dessert today is pudding.

Heck yes.

10. Going to the bathroom is the best part of the day because it's quiet.

You think I'm joking.

11. You realize that you'll never stop sweating.

Seriously, I must be losing 10 lbs a day.

12. But it's ok, because you get to be silly and crazy, all day.

I think don't think I've ever been so funny.

13. You realize you're actually super cool to these kids.

*points using finger guns*

14. And that you're helping them make some special memories.

I guess that's pretty cool...

15. So maybe getting up tomorrow won't be so bad.

Oh wait, I'm still exhausted.