15 Totally Nerdy Gifts To Get Your Friends For Christmas

Sidenote: there's no shame in getting these for yourself.

107
Flickr

With Thanksgiving now behind us, many people are turning their attention to Christmas and that long-dreaded gift list that leads to thoughts like, "what on Earth am I going to get (insert name of friend here)?" Sure, you could take the easy route and go with a gift card or a t-shirt, but for those of you who don't give up that easily, I'm here to help!

I'm a firm believer that everyone has a nerdy side to them and that they're a fan of something. Maybe it's movies and television or video games and books or maybe it's even just weird unique things in general. Whatever the case may be, I've compiled a list of some of the best items that practically anyone wouldn't mind getting as a gift this year.

1. Air Hogs Millennium Falcon XL Drone

Drones have been a big hit in recent years and make great presents for adults and children alike, but this unique take on the beloved toy is something that will be sure to make a lasting impression. For example, it's HUGE and the details are amazing. There are even Han Solo and Chewie figures in the light up cockpit.

2. Monty Python Black Night Plush Toy - *With Detachable Limbs*

For anyone who's seen "Monty Python's The Quest for the Holy Grail"the black knight bit is a classic fan favorite.This plush features amusing details including Velcro-assisted memberment and dismemberment. In the process of defending his territory, your knight may occasionally part with one or all of his limbs. Don't panic! This is a natural defense mechanism on the part of the knight and rarely fatal. This guy is one sure way to get a leg up on your friends!

3. Legend of Zelda Ocarina Musical Instrument

Do you have those friends who keep telling you they want to learn to play a musical instrument or do you know someone who is a "Legend of Zelda" fan? Behold, the ocarina! This beautiful and mystical instrument is a staple of the LOZ franchise and there are now dozens of replicas on the market. The very best ones I have found come from a place called Songbird Ocarina where they make various forms of ocarinas, not just the LOZ inspired ones, and they put a lot of dedication and detail into each one, even including the sheet music for the songs from the game.

4. Tetris Stackable LED Desk Lamp

Normal desk lamps are boring, but this one is such a bright idea! See what I did there? The really great thing about this lamp is it doesn't just sit there unchanging day after day, you can actually rearrange the pieces like the real Tetris game. Just be careful not to make them into a straight line, wouldn't want your lamp disappearing and leaving you in the dark! Ah, so many lamp jokes, so little time.

5. A Feather Quill Writing Set Complete with a Wax Seal Stamp and Paper

There's a good chance you have some creative and artistic folks on your list this year, and for them, I'd recommend you get a complete stationery set that has everything they need to write and send beautiful thank you cards or pen pal letters. The best sets I've found come from Nostalgic Impressions where you get to customize a lot of different parts of the items and get everything you need in one place!

6. A Scratch-Off Travel Map

Don't buy another reusable water bottle for the adventurous souls on your list this year. Instead, help them "map" out their next trip with this scratch-off artwork. Once a place has been visited you simply scratch off the foil to reveal a colored base. The specific map pictured here even includes the multiple flags from different countries!

7. 40 Grams of Gallium

Gallium is one of the soft, poor metals that is a solid at room temperature but can begin to melt just by being held in your hand! It's a lot of fun to play with and experiment different ways of getting it to melt and resolidify. It's way better than normal silly putty!

8. A Mixtape Cassette USB Drive

This gift is especially wonderful because it's personable. Take songs that mean the most to you and a friend or a significant other and load it onto the "cassette." It's the perfect nostalgic flashback to the 1980s while still being practical for the present times.

9. 3D Doodler Pen

3D printing has been all the rage in recent years, but now your art can be three-dimensional too! This pen allows the artist to generate amazing 3D creations that lift imagination off the page. The pen extrudes heated plastic, which instantly hardens, allowing you to literally draw in 3D, freehand or on paper. Change colors quickly and easily. The possibilities are endless.

10. Rubber Band Gun

Now, this gift may not seem like much, but what makes this item so spectacular is that it actually has the capability of shooting six rubber bands and is made from solid hard Maple and Walnut. The purchase also includes 100 rubber bands.

11. Kaleidoscope Glasses

You might have spotted these glasses becoming a trend on social media lately and for good reason! It's all the fun of a kaleidoscope packed into glasses you can wear. Grab a pair of these, and enjoy the magnificent color light show before your eyes.

12. Handmade Pokeball Terrariums

Any fan of Pokemon would love these beautiful clear pokeballs that have their favorite Pokemon inside along with a customized landscape choice. The Etsy shop owner, The Vintage Realm, has even re-created popular scenes from the Pokemon games like Snorlax blocking the road.

13. Flexible Miniature Tripod

For your aspiring (or established) photographer friends, there is now a really wonderful tool to help them get that "perfect shot." This camera tripod, unlike most, has flexible legs that allow the height and angle to be really customizable and even allows the photographer to attach the camera to some unconventional places like a tree limb or hanging from a nail on a wall!

14. Homebrewing Craft Beer Making Kit

Cheers to friendship! This incredible homebrewing craft beer kit is the perfect option for any adult beverage loving individual who might already be getting several offerings of their favorite beverage as gifts. This kit will allow your friend to be in complete control of the crafting process so that he or she can customize a flavor that's perfect for them and have fun while doing so.

15. A Premiere Collectibles Autographed Book

Premiere Collectibles is a company well known for its various inventory of autographed books. Some items include signatures from world-famous celebrities, presidents, authors, sports figures and more. You'll be able to find something for everyone, whether it's an autobiography, a fiction book, a cookbook, etc.

Each purchase comes with a certificate of authenticity to ensure it's autographed by the author, and they even have rare collectibles available!