15 Things We All Miss About Winter

15 Things We All Miss About Winter

Just a teensy bit nostalgic about Winter 2016.

160
15 Things We All Miss About Winter
New Evolution Designs

Summer is delightful and definitely one of our favorite seasons because of the lengthy vacation we are rewarded with after a chaotic year of sleepless nights and papers. However, some people (like me) prefer winter over summer for many reasons. I'm sure most of us love wearing sweaters and playing in the snow, but something about the atmosphere gives off another type of joy.

1. Sweaters

This would normally fall under number 8, but sweaters have become so popular because of the different styles and prints they come in that it deserves its own category!

2. The taste of hot coffee and hot chocolate

Is it just me or do you suddenly miss the rich, creamy taste of hot coffee and hot chocolate because it's not the same in the summer?

3. Sledding

Not as expensive as skiing but definitely something affordable and full of fun and excitement!

4. Snow days

The semester is already so rough, one "snow" day would help me catch up on sleep!

5. The Holidays

Nothing better than experiencing the different cultures and festivities in New York City!

6. Blankets

So fuzzy. So warm.

7. Staying home

Trust me, I love being social and hanging out with my friends HOWEVER, sometimes it's too difficult to step out and winter gives us the perfect excuses: "it's too cold" or "there's so much snow in front of my door!"

8. Layers

Scarves, beanies, mittens, and warm yet stylish jackets! I miss feeling so comfortable in class, when it was hard to distinguish the difference between my home blankets and my outdoor jackets!

9. Winter escapes to a warm climate

You get to experience the cheer of winter and the warmth of spring at the same time! Not too hot, not too cold!

10. No mosquitoes!

'nuff said.

11. Christmas markets

Go to a couple of those countless Christmas markets that are brought to NYC with items ranging from vintage to designer.

12. The music

I'm not too sure about other states but in NYC, you can always hear cheerful music on the streets at night when the city is lit up by colorful lights and light snowfalls.

13. Curling up into a ball without any worries

Because 'tis the season to not get reprimanded by your parents for "being lazy" because you have the following excuse: "it's too cold!"

14. Arts and crafts

New DIY ideas come out every winter and it's literally a dream come true for all of my fellow artists!

15. End of the Fall semester!

After finals, you can finally jump into the cheer and enjoy the season because the semester is OVER! The end of the Fall semester also gives you determination to do even better in the upcoming semester!