15 Things You Don't Miss About Nova

While there are hundreds of things you surely miss about the nation, there are a few you surely do not. 

As a Villanovan, pride is something instilled in us as soon as we put down our deposit in the summer before our freshman year. There's no doubt that we’re really starting to miss our home away from home, as the dog days of summer grow increasingly more boring. Although Villanova is the best university around with very few flaws (I guess I’m a little biased), there are a few things that us Villanovans aren’t counting down the days until. Alongside the obvious, loads of schoolwork and stressful nights studying, here are 15 things that Villanovans are enjoying summer break without:

1.  1. Pit Omelet Ham. Is that stuff pre-chewed or…

2.   2. Waiting in line at Café Nova. It’s great to be able to order a sandwich and not have to wait 30 minutes for it.

3.   3. Unidentifiable “desserts”. Did they really just take leftover cereal and turn it into pudding or were my eyes deceiving me?

4.   4.Tolentine. This building has been defying the laws of science since 1895; how it’s possible to have 5 floors but like 8 flights of stairs is beyond me. Side note: 90-degree temperatures are only acceptable if I’m lying on the beach, not taking Spanish notes.

5.   5. Villanova basketball losing to Creighton (twice). Sorry, too soon?

6.   6. VU Mobile: You have a better chance at finding a good connection on Tinder than on Villanova’s campus.

7.   7.Stupid MPE Restrictions. I can’t use a meal in Belle Air between 12:15 and 1:15 or 5:00 and 6:00? At normal lunchtime or normal dinnertime? That make’s perfect sense, good idea Nova! 

8.   8.Lancaster Intersection. Not only feeling self conscious as you stand at the corner for 10 minutes, but feeling judged by the line of cars waiting at the red light no matter how much time you put into your appearance that morning. Also, how is it that when you trip or awkward run to the other corner you always end up knowing at least one person at the red light?

9.   9.Spit and Pit Fruit. The day the Spit and the Pit have fresh fruit will be the day that I jump into the fountain naked.

10. 10. Cops raiding the courts. You leave your dorm with a cute outfit, solid buzz, and high hopes of flirting with that Sig Ep boy you’ve been texting. But you return with a citation in hand, a meeting with the Dean on the horizon, “and the taste of beer and bad decisions”. (Grace Ann '16).

11. 11. The Plantation Basement. Why did I even bother to shower before coming here when, by the end of the night, I’ve sweat more than I did after running that  half marathon last fall. 

12. 12. Ticket Parties. Yes, these are a Villanova tradition and yes, almost every single Villanovan has attended one (they are an obvious freshman year must), but please tell me, what is the point of spending $25 for a party that you end up either pregaming way too hard for or barely enough for?  

13. 13. Waiting for Pledge Rides: Yes, I know that you have to drive your brothers first, but whom are your brothers going to [attempt to] hook up with if there are no girls at the house? Riddle me that when you keep me waiting for 45 minutes.

14. 14. Full to Capacity Exchange. How am I supposed to pretend to do work, while actually checking out all of the men in suits, if there are no empty tables in The Exchange? AKA the water hole of Greek life.

15.  Oreo Entrepreneurs. It’s hard to find the energy to dodge all of the Greek Life/Club tables set up by The Oreo begging for you to donate money when you’re running on 3 hours of sleep. I’m tired, broke, and really hoping you don’t realize that I’m pretending to talk on the phone just to avoid you (But I promise I’m not a bad person and I do donate 98% of the time!)