Ah freshman year…..
There is so much wisdom to be discovered during your freshman year. It’s so bright and shiny new; you can’t help but wander around in awe and confusion, like a typical freshman. As I scroll through my newsfeed, I read about the things that people learned during their freshman year: how to achieve srat style, how to find life-long friendships, how to dodge the freshman 15 (or recover from it), etc. Where is the fun in that? Even though I learned many crucial life lessons in college, like time management and evading procrastination, there is more I haven’t learned. In honor of the year that cannot end soon enough, here are the 15 things I didn’t learn, but probably should have, my freshman year:
- How calculus will help me as a fashion major or in life.
- How to cope with the Math Empo (it will never end).
- How to let go of fuck bois (and probably never will, to be honest).
- How to not be a fuck boi (read comment for #3).
- How to party on a Thursday and make it to my 8 am the next day.
- How not to get caught partying in my dorm.
- How to balance a check book (but I CAN do my taxes now).
- How to fully adult.
- How to not get lost on the BT transit.
- How to go to the gym every day.
- How to not be petty.
- Anything from Astronomy class (sorry, Professor).
- Who I am as a person.
- What I want to do with my life
- How to become a stripper in order to drop out of college.
Freshman year: it's been real, but good riddance.