Exercising in the morning is one of those habits you wish you did but never do—like flossing between meals or cleaning out the shower drain. You resolve to do it before rolling into bed, but when the alarm rings, you worry you might kill somebody unless you hit snooze. Plus it takes so much mental effort to plan a workout, let alone execute it.
Those excuses work for many workouts, but not for running. You’ve got too many good reasons to roll out of bed and hit the ground running. Do it and you can change your whole daily outlook and make yourself a priority first thing in the morning. Read on for 15 mental, spiritual, and physical benefits of an early morning jumpstart:
- You’ll have more energy.
- You’ll prepare ahead of time.
- You’ll eat a balanced breakfast.
- You’ll save time driving to the gym.
- You’ll spend much needed time outside.
- You’ll appreciate nature.
- You’ll wake up to your favorite jams.
- Or you’ll just zen out.
- You’ll limber up.
- You’ll be regular.
- Sometimes in the morning you sit on the toilet and nothing happens. Running will fix that.
- You’ll earn that nap.
- You’ll free up your afternoon.
- You’ll treat yourself guilt-free.
- You’ll know you can do it again.
- You’ll feel awesome.