15 Reason To Be Thankful For Your Mom

15 Reason To Be Thankful For Your Mom

This Mother's Day remind your mom you appreciate her all year long.

17
15 Reason To Be Thankful For Your Mom
Jordan Griffin

Mother's Day is here, and we all feel so appreciative of our mothers especially on this day of the year. Many things our mothers do for us go unnoticed, and we may not appreciate our moms as much as we should. They are the women who put up with us at our worst and cheered us on at our best. We may fight with them, but that's just what children and their mothers do; they fight and move on. I personally wouldn't be where I am today without the love and support of my mom. My mom is one of the strongest people I know and I look up to her greatly. She inspires me to work hard and never give up on anything I want. This Mother's Day, take a step back and realize how thankful you are for your mother, even if she makes you want to pull your hair out. She will always want what's best for you, in the long run, never forget that. Here are some reasons to be thankful for your mother all year long.

1. She has provided you with everything you've ever needed.

Think about it, anything you've ever needed for school or sports she provided it for you. She always make sure to provide you with whatever they can, before she even thinks of herself.

2. She loves you unconditionally.

Screwing up is a part of life especially while you're young. No matter how many times you think you've disappointed your mom or have done something against her wishes, she still loves you.

3. She is your number one fan.

Any accomplishment throughout your life, big or small, she was the first person you told. You could see in her eyes how truly proud she is of you.

4. She always wants to make sure you are safe.

Yes, we all get annoyed when our parents tell us to let them know when we're safe, and when we forget they get mad. But, that's just because they are constantly worried about us. We are their babies after all.

5. She raised you throughout any difficult time your family has faced.

Losing my house to Hurricane Sandy was one of the hardest things I've ever gone through. But, my mom was always there to ensure we would be okay even though she was terrified herself. Your mom is the strongest person in your life whether you realize it or not.

6. She will always be there for you.

Heartbreaks, friendships ending, feeling down, or just need to talk it out your mom is always there to listen. Even if you don't feel comfortable talking to your mom about certain things, remember it's okay and she'll always have the best advice.

7. She is always interested in new things happening in your life.

When something happens in your life, your mom is just as excited as you are. She wants every detail and never wants to stop talking about it. Let her know about every new adventure because she is way more interested than you think.

8. She has always worked hard for everything she has wanted.

My mom is one of the most hard-working people I have ever encountered. She has worked extremely hard to get where she is today, and I couldn't be any more proud of her. This makes me want to work as hard as I can and be the best I can be.

9. She always reminds you to love yourself the way you are.

She is the person who created you and never fails to remind you how beautiful you are inside and out. If you're ever feeling insecure, talk to your mom because she will reassure you how beautiful you actually are.

10. She has cleaned up every mess you've made.

From when you were a toddler to now, you leave a mess everywhere. You can always count on your mom to pick up every trace of the mess you've made. Even when you have your own place, you can sure count on the fact that your mom will want to clean it head to toe.

11. She is the "cool mom."

I'm not sure about you, but my mom is the mom that all of my friends love and she doesn't mind spilling drama. If this is your mom, you are extremely lucky.

12. She understands every grade you get won't be good, and that's okay.

She understands you are under a lot of pressure and knows you try your hardest. She wants you to do extremely well, but won't beat you down when you don't.

13. She understands how important your friends are, and doesn't get mad when you spend more time with them than her sometimes.

She loves your friends and knows you are in good hands with them. When you're not home all day, and with your friends she's glad you're having fun. She knows you'll always make time for her.

14. She'll never ignore a FaceTime or phone call when you have a question.

Your mom holds every answer in the universe. She enjoys helping you out the older you get; whether it be answering how to wash delicates or how to make chicken. She is always there.

15. She's the best role model you'll ever have.

You look up to her more than anyone else. You don't know what you'd do without her no matter how much she can drive you crazy. This Mother's Day, remind your mom how much you love and look up to her all year long, not just one day.