15 'Ned's Declassified' Tips That Still Work In College

Tip #334.3F — When you're sitting with your friends, you are at the cool table
114

We all know and love the classic Nickelodeon show "Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide," but have we taken enough time to really look at the tips? In honor of college students everywhere struggling here are 15 of "Ned's Declassified" tips that are just as relevant in college.

1. Tip #305F - Stay together with electives

The Middle School (ahem, college) system will separate you from your friends but you can use your electives to stay together at least once. Plan ahead: pick the same class. It's simple.

2. Tip #503.B - Be ready for surprises

I guess the only way to be really ready for the first day is to realize that nobody's ready.

3. Tip #320A - No class is ever full

No class is ever "full," it just reaches capacity. And to get in, all you need is Tip #320B.

4. Tip #320B - Get teacher approval

Get teacher approval. And a decent speech.

5. Tip #112 - Do whatever you can to stay awake

The Boring Teacher: Always have something in handy that can keep you and the class awake.

6. Tip #338.XU - Don't kiss up, do the work

I know it doesn't feel like it but teachers are people too and if you just do the work or at least try in class, you'll be amazed how much your grades shoot up.

7. Tip #334.3F - When you're sitting with your friends, you are at the cool table

When you're sitting with your friends, you are at the cool table.

8. Tip #987.4 - Home sick? Ask a friend for notes

Avoid falling behind in class and get a classmate to make copies of notes from the days you miss. But make sure that person takes good notes. Or better yet, get someone to video tape the class.

9. Tip #308 - If you're on the wrong end of a rumor, IGNORE IT!

If you're on the wrong end of a rumor, don't panic, just ignore it.

10. Tip #312 - Don't believe rumors and don't spread them

Rumors. Sometimes they're fun but usually they are nothing but trouble. So don't believe them and don't spread them.

11. Double Dating = Less Pressure

Avoid awkward silences with double dating.

12. Ask your teacher about tutor options

Don't beat yourself up. If you have a tutor, it doesn't mean you're dumb.

13. If you fail, don't overreact

Talk to your Guidance Counselor (or adviser, or professor, or TA) for advice on how to pass.

14. Don't get in the way of 8th graders

Walk with your friends in dangerous zones (away from eighth graders and actual college dangers).

15. Tip #309.8.2 - Have fun, don't have super-high expectations and go with the flow

THE FINAL AND MOST IMPORTANT TIP EVER (which was technically Moze's tip all along) Have fun. Don't have super-high expectations and go with the flow.