15 People You'll Meet At A College Gym

15 People You'll Meet At A College Gym

Free gyms come at a cost

75
15 People You'll Meet At A College Gym

There's a good chance you have, or will, gain weight in college. It's fine though because there's also a good chance that your school has a free gym. You're bound to run into a few characters.

1. The large group of freshmen

They've heard of the Freshman 15 and determined to beat the odds. They're also determined to make friends and be surrounded by others 24/7. Also probably do not understand personal space.

2. The old guy

He's probably an alumnus with a discounted price. There's a 100% chance his t-shirt is tucked into his shorts and he's more fit than you.

3. The guy doing the absolute most on the elliptical

Just to clarify, the elliptical is my cardio machine of choice. But even I know it's a soft choice compared to the treadmill or bike. He's trying to flex and no one is impressed. It's like unironically bragging about your cooking skills when you microwave a Hot Pocket.

4. The girl doing the absolute least on the elliptical

On the opposite side of the spectrum, we got her. She probably sincerely believes that drinking copious amount of red wine is healthy and wonders why she isn't 30 pounds lighter after eating a salad. Unfortunately, that won't happen by barely moving your feet and scrolling through Instagram.

5.The couple

Isn't it SUPER cute and SUPER nice that you've found love in college, but also have a hot, toned body? SUPER NICE.

6. The frat guy

The chances you can see his torso is high and the chances he's wearing sleeves is low.

7. The person hogging the equipment

Heard of sharing in between sets? This person hasn't. They're scrolling through Facebook to catch their breath as you impatiently wait. Has zero shame and also probably messages the whole class to advertise their pyramid scheme.

8. The person with questionable footwear

Flip-flops? Timbs? Those super weird glove sneakers? Does anyone have shame anymore? Have you ever been to a gym?

9. The grunter

I get it: you have to compensate. But we're all uncomfortable. Tone it down.

10. The only guy in a fitness class

The token male. He either totally owns it or is too embarrassed to shake it at Zumba.

11. The person who goes to the gym once every 6 months and documents it

There's probably a selfie post-workout with some faux-inspirational caption that is at least five paragraphs with a plethora of flexing emoijis and hashtags. They go home and scarf down fast food because they "deserve it." You won't see them until the start of the next semester.

12. The guy who skips leg day

His upper body says "gymrat" but his chicken legs reveal the truth. Do some cardio once in a while; throw in some squats.

13. The clueless gym-goer

Maybe this person has never been to the gym, maybe this person ventured out of the cardio room for the first time. They have a maximum amount of heart but a minimal amount of instruction. They're gonna get hurt.

14. The competitive one

I don't know you. Quit smirking at me because I have a lower weight set. Goes hand in hand with the guy going HAM on the elliptical.

15. The gross one

Probably sweating way more than average. And then doesn't wipe down the machines. What animal raised you?