15 Life Lessons As Told By Ellen Degeneres

"Be kind to one another"

289
EllenTv

Ellen DeGeneres has impacted many lives all around the world. Not only does she constantly put a smile of peoples' faces, but she is someone that everyone should look up to. With her positive look on life, Ellen strives to teach people that there is always hope in any given situation. Being an inspiration to many, Ellen has taught many life lessons that remind us that all you have to do is "just keep swimming".

1. Just Dance.

At the beginning of every show, Ellen dances her way around the audience, making the crowd even more excited. Starting every show in this way, not only is this entertaining, but it leaves a very comfortable atmosphere between the guests and Ellen. Although some may not have the talent of dancing, Ellen makes it apparent to be yourself and shake what your momma gave you!

2. Life will get easier.

Everyday there are various issues that put people down or leave some feeling as if there is no hope. Ellen has impacted many lives, by her words and attitudes, even if she has not physically met that person. Whether that be bullying, loosing someone special to you, or other obstacles. Her message to all is that no matter the situation, things will get easier and there is always hope.

3. Laugh often.

No matter the situation, laugh as much as possible. If you seem to be in a weird funk, just turn the tv on to Ellen and this will make turn your day around!

4. There are people in this world who have it worse than you.

It may seem as if your world is falling apart, or you will never overcome your struggling times. What may seem like the end of the world to you, some people have it way worse than you. As said by Ellen, "It makes a big difference in your life if you stay positive."

5. Be yourself.

Being one of the first openly gay celebrities, Ellen has shown that it is perfectly okay to be who you are. Many young children and adults struggle with opening up to whom they really are and being themselves. Ellen says that in order to find happiness, you need to be accepting to who you are and not care what anyone else thinks about you. There is only ONE you, so be proud of who you are and OWN IT!

6. Live to help others.

Putting others' needs above your own can change a person's day or even life. Ellen is all for helping others and has had a great impact on many. She makes a personal effort to help those struggling financially, emotionally, and physically. Giving back to the community, or someone in need, can change lives.

7. What beauty is.

Being a size zero does not define your beauty. Beauty is not about having a pretty face or the clothes you wear. Beauty is about being confident in who you are and loving yourself.

8. Play pranks every now and then.

Pranking your friends and family is great for the soul. Ellen has taught us that pulling pranks is needed for a good laugh.

9. Being humorous doesn't require bullying.

Bullying is not an excuse when being humorous. Today in our society, bullying is so prevalent and Ellen is a great example of showing that you can make others laugh without involving bullying.

10. Just keep swimming.

In 2003, Disney released, Finding Nemo, which became one of the most popular movies among children of all ages. Ellen's animated character, Dory, undergoes memory loss and goes on a crazy journey. Ellen's character reminds us to never give up on your dreams. "So when life gets you down, you know what you gotta do? Just keep swimming" because it will get better!

11. Do whatever makes you happy.

On her talk-show, there are many child guest stars who are noticed by Ellen for being themselves. Ellen does a great job at praising these little kids talents and personalities. She expresses the importance of being happy and to enjoy what you love to do.

12. Have fun.

No matter the age, ALWAYS remember to have fun! Ellen is 58 years old and is still having the time of her life! Live a life filled with laughter, memories, and fun!

13. Follow your passion.

Ellen has taught us to not be afraid of failing and to never loose hope. There are going to be many obstacles along your journey towards your goals, but never give up. Just listen to Ellen, "Stay true to yourself. Never follow someone else's path unless you're in the woods and you're lost."

14. Life is short.

People often forget that life is short, so live each and everyday in a positive manner. Do things that will make you a better person, do what it is that makes you happy, and live your life to the fullest.

15. Be kind to one another.

At the end of ever show, Ellen reinforces to the audience to be kind to one another. This is her most famous motto, and she strives to live every single day sending this message to the people around her and the world. She encourages her fans to do acts of kindness, whether they be small or huge. This is something that everyone needs to focus on throughout their day.