15 Great Things About Having A Significantly Younger Sister

There are many perks to having a sister much younger than you

149
Capocasa

Many people understand the bond between siblings but not many know what it is like having a sibling significantly younger than you. My little sister is 9 years younger than me and I could not be any more lucky to have her. She means the world to me. I have learned more about life through her than she will ever understand. With that being said, here are 15 perks of having a significantly younger sister.

1. She will always go anywhere with you

Whether this be the mall, the grocery store or the gas station, she will be there!

2. She reminds you of yourself when you were that age

No matter how old she gets, you will always be able to see a part of you in her.

3. She will get you whatever you want from upstairs

She loves you so much that she would do anything for you.

4. She looks up to you

Sometimes this can me a hard one because it puts pressure on you to do the right things. Regardless of that, it is an honor to have someone look up to you in so many ways!

5. She's honest

She WILL tell you if that outfit looks bad, or if that boy is nice enough to you. She's got your back!

6. She has sleepovers with you

Sometimes these sleepovers are forced upon you but it all ends up being for the best. Bonding time with her is something so special, what better way to do that than a sleepover?!

7. She shares a passion for the same shows as you

She grew up watching TLC and the cooking channel with you. You don't typically have to worry about fighting over the remote because you can easily agree!

8. She is always adorable no matter what because she will always seem so young

Even when she turns 18 she will still seem so young to you because chances are you are almost 30. She will always be the baby of the family whether she likes it or not.

9. You can compare yourself to her

An example of this that I often find myself thinking of is comparing her best friend to my best friend when I was her age. Her Gabby is my Julia and I can only imagine what they will be like when they are my current age!

10. She gives the worst but best presents

It may be a very cheesy or cheap looking present but that doesn't matter. I can guarantee you that she put so much time and effort into coming up with that present, so that is all that really matters. She means the best and it is so notable.

11. All of her friends are like additional little sisters who don't argue with you as much

Her friends are all adorable, just like she is. The only difference is that they do not argue with you as much as she does.

12. You know she'll be the cool aunt some day because she won't be all that much older than the kids

All of the "cool" aunts are the ones that are relatively close in age to the kiddos. She will be that aunt and I could not be any more excited for that time to come.

13. She always jams out with you in the car

You always know that you will never have to jam out alone. Refer back to point 1.

14. She always (or almost always) takes your side when in an argument with your other siblings

Like I said earlier, she looks up to you in so many ways, therefore she hops on your side in almost every argument. The only time this doesn't go as it should is when she knows that she can get something out of the other sibling by taking their side.

15. When it's just the two of you, you always get shotgun

Being so much younger she automatically knows that she will always lose this battle.

Addison, thank you for being you, because without you my life would be so different than it is today.

"A sister can be seen as someone who is both ourselves and very much not ourselves- a special kind of double."

--Toni Morrison