Report this Content
It’s easy in 2017 to feel brought down by society, beauty standards,
and people in your life. Every now and
again, we all need reminders of how smart, beautiful, and unique we are. Why conform to expectations or feel less than
others when you are meant to shine your own light? We should take the time to care for
ourselves; acceptance begins with self-love.
And once we are able to truly love and accept ourselves, we will be
better capable to judge and respond to the world around us more appropriately.
1. “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.” - Marilyn Monroe.
2. “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” - Oscar Wilde.
3. “If you have the ability to love, love yourself first.” - Charles Bukowski.
4. “I am no bird; and no net ensnares me: I am a free human being with an independent will.” - Charlotte Bronte.
5. “The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud.” - Coco Chanel.
6. “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.” - Dr. Seuss.
7. “In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on.” - Robert Frost.
8. “It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.” - J.K. Rowling.
9. "I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.” - Douglas Adams.
10. “Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson.
11. “I'm the one that's got to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.” - Jimi Hendrix.
12. “We have to dare to be ourselves, however frightening or strange that self may prove to be.” - May Sarton.
13. “A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.” - George Bernard Shaw.
14. “Accept yourself, love yourself, and keep moving forward. If you want to fly, you have to give up what weighs you down.” - Roy T. Bennett.
15. “Some people believe holding on and hanging in there are signs of great strength. However, there are times when it takes much more strength to know when to let go and then do it.” - Ann Landers.
This article has not been reviewed by Odyssey HQ and solely reflects the ideas and opinions of the creator.