15 Things That Are Only Socially Acceptable During College

Being a college student definitely has its perks.

33
max micheelsen

Summer is almost here and I couldn't be more excited. However, there are a few things about college that I'm really going to miss. There are so many things that college students get away with that other adults just, well...don't. During the summer, college students move back home and/or have jobs. Man, being a full-time adult sucks. Here are some of the things college students miss during summer vacation.

1. Scheduling your nap time in advance to make sure nothing interferes with it.

"I can't, I have to take a nap" is a respected excuse on college campuses. Don't try telling that to your boss.

2. Considering anything homemade a healthy meal.

If it isn't ramen noodles, cereal, or pizza, you're basically Betty Crocker. Even making a box mix of macaroni and cheese all by myself makes me feel like a five-star chef.

3. Falling asleep literally anywhere.

Tired? Then sleep. It doesn't matter if you're on the bus, in between classes or in a room full of strangers.

4. Calling your mom more than twice a day.

Calling your mom once a day is normal. Twice a day is a little clingy. Three or more times a day puts you in the "I'm a college student and I have no idea what I'm doing, ever" category.

5. Getting drunk before noon.

Day drinking. Getting drunk on the weeknight. Body shots. When it comes to alcohol, basically anything goes.

6. Wearing the same clothes more than once.

The people in my Monday-Wednesday classes don't need to know that I wore sweatpants in my Tuesday-Thursday classes.

7. Spending an entire day watching Netflix.

College students don't just watch TV for an hour or two—we binge. Don't plan on starting a new show unless you can afford to spend a week in bed.

8. Refusing to think about the future.

What am I going to do after graduation? Well...uh...I'll figure it out when I get there.

9. Using Wikipedia as a legitimate source. For everything.

Adults avoid Wikipedia like it's the plague. How many times have your professors told you "Don't use Wikipedia" on a research paper? That isn't gonna stop me from getting all of my information from there anyway.

10. Mixing all of your laundry and hoping nothing gets ruined.

Reds, whites, blacks...they're all going in one large load because I don't have the patience or the time to divide them into three smaller loads.

11. Doing just about anything to save money.

I don't turn the lights on in my apartment unless I absolutely need them. Like, I'll just sit and watch TV in the dark. I'm always trying to keep my electricity bill low.

12. Taking all the free stuff you can get your hands on.

Free food? I'm in. Free pens? Free t-shirts? Extra toilet paper in the campus bathroom that's...well..free? Honestly, if it's free, I'm in.

13. Eating food that's probably expired because you can't let it go to waste.

I slice the mold off of strawberries, drink sour milk and eat stale crackers because I feel way too guilty when I throw away untouched food.

14. Using DuctTape to fix all of your problems.

Broken blinds? DuctTape. Drafty window? DuctTape. Loose handle? DuctTape.

15. Considering anybody who knows your name a friend.

There are 50,000 students on my campus. When someone takes the time to learn my name, it's a big deal.