14 Mashups To Listen To For The Next Two Weeks

A new mashup each day for the next two weeks.
190

I don't know about you, but I absolutely love a good mashup. When mixed well, mashups make for a treat even sweeter than the original songs. So, I figured I would share my playlist of mashups with you, because everyone deserves a chance to explore the wild world of mashup music, at least for a week or two. There are a lot of mashup artists on Youtube, Vimeo, and Soundcloud, so there will be no repeated artists and no heavily sampled songs (think Pop Culture by Madeon). This is just a list of the classic two songs or more that have enough similarities to sound good together.

1. Overprotected by Britney Spears & No by Meghan Trainor

I don't mean to make Meghan Trainor relevant again, but her song No that dropped a couple of years ago heavily resembled a 90s pop hit, and YouTube user Raheem D found the perfect song it sounded like: Overprotected by the queen of pop herself.

2. Salute by Little Mix & Bo$$ by Fifth Harmony

Talk about the ultimate female anthem. I was actually surprised how well these two girl group songs sounded together.

3. Trumpets by Jason Derulo & All Time Low by Jon Bellion

I have to give credits to my roommate for showing me this one. I overheard it playing while she was in the bathroom and my levels of shook went through the roof. The transitions from each other is so seamless, it could almost be an original song. It definitely made me like Trumpets a lot more.

4. Eye of the Tiger by Survivor & Need You Tonight by INXS

If you don't know about Neil Cicierega, you actually probably do know him. My friend showed me his mashup albums and it was then that I realized he was also made the viral Harry Potter Puppet Pals YouTube videos. I only limited myself to one artist in this list, but please, please go listen to his Mouth Moods album. You will not regret it.

5. Getcha Head in the Game from High School Musical & Uptown Funk By Mark Ronson feat. Bruno Mars

This has to be one of my favorite mashups on this list mostly because I love High School Musical and Bruno Mars is one of my favorite music artists currently. Credit has to be given to Tumblr user Merlijin. Serious props! This has to be the catchiest mashup of the list, well, maybe after the next one

6. September by Earth, Wind and Fire & Digital Love by Daft Punk

This mashup video has over two million views for a reason. It's a funk overload EDM legends Daft Punk and disco superstars Earth, Wind and Fire. User flipboitamidl3s will have your head bobbing all day to this mashup. (Also, if you haven't already please listen to his Stranger Things mashup with The Weeknd. As one YouTube comment put it, the mashup is what Netflix and chill sounds like).

7. X Gon Give It To Ya by DMX & Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae Jepsen

Unlikely combination? Sure. Certified banger? Undoubtedly. This mashup makes me laugh out loud every time I listen to it, which is more often than you think.

8. Thriller by Michael Jackson & Heads Will Roll by Yeah Yeah Yeahs

Glee? Yes, Glee, a name you may not have seen in quite a while, but in finding the best of the best for this list, I ran into an old friend. I loved Glee, and they have an impressive number of mashup and compilation numbers (i.e the girls of the glee club's mashup of Adele songs). What I'm saying is this: go search Glee mashups on YouTube. You will not be disappointed.

9. Look What You Made Me Do by Taylor Swift & Toxic by Britney Spears

Britney's back, because as stated previously she is the queen of pop who inspired the next decade of pop music. Now, this is a combination I would have never thought of, but popular mashup artist AnDy Wu mixed the throwback to the current chart topper. I don't even like this new Taylor Swift, but alongside Britney, I forgive it.

10. Shut Up and Kiss Me by Marianas Trench & I Want You Back by The Jackson 5

I consider this mashup a hidden gem that needs further unearthing and exposure to the world because, frankly, this is a solid piece of work. Anything by The Jackson 5 makes me feel good, and any fan of Marianas Trench would enjoy this mashup.

11. Stayin' Alive by Bee Gees & Hot in Herre by Nelly

Give this song ten seconds of your time, and if you don't want to jump up in your feet and dance then I guess I'll stand corrected. This is one of those mashups I didn't know was necessary until now.

12. Da Funk by Daft Punk & Another One Bites the Dust by Queen

I know I already included Daft Punk, but their songs leave so much room for more music that it is nearly impossible not to mash up Daft Punk with other artists.

13. Hotline Bling by Drake & The Wii Shop Music

If you held a party in an elevator, this would definitely be part of the playlist. A little ambient, but just enough activity that makes you feel the groove in your shoulders.

14. Symphony No. 5 by Beethoven & Gold Digger by Kanye West

I'm surprised how well a classical piece and rap sounds together, but that must mean they have more in common than one thinks. If classical music is supposed to make your kid more intelligent, and Kanye is a self-declared genius (and God), play this for your baby. They'll become the smartest person alive.