14 Bucket List-Worthy Beach Towns

14 Bucket List-Worthy Beach Towns

These 14 towns are a beach lovers dream... and then some.

49
14 Bucket List-Worthy Beach Towns
www.pixabay.com

Who doesn’t want a new, beautiful beach town to visit? If you’re like me, you always look at the many beach destinations located throughout the United States. I’ve compiled a list of 14 of the best beach towns you should definitely add to your beach bucket list!

Besides just the beautiful beaches, you’ll see that these towns also have many other attractions to make some great memories at! While there’s a lot more to check out, these are some of my personal favorites that I’ve come across.

1. Salisbury Beach in Salisbury, Massachusetts

This beach and town have a lot of things you can do on a family trip! Besides just a visit to the beach itself, there are various kid friendly things near Salisbury Beach. Just 45 minutes away, you could go to the Canobie Lake Park in Salem, New Hampshire, which holds over 85 rides for kids of all ages. There’s also a couple of mini golf places you could go to on this fun trip for all ages!

2. Chatham, Massachusetts

This town is at the Southeastern tip of Cape Cod, which is a very popular destination in itself. Chatham is very well known for its sandy beaches. There’s also a bit of history located in this beach town, as it houses the Lighthouse Beach which is near the 19th-century landmark Chatham Lighthouse. Besides the history, it’s also a short ride to the Monomoy National Wildlife Refuge which is ranked by TripAdvisor as number three out of 48 of the best things to do in Chatham!

3. Ogunquit, Maine

One of my personal favorites is this beautiful beach town located in York County, Maine! One of the popular things to do in Ogunquit is walking the beautiful Marginal Way trail. This trail is one mile and a quarter long and shows some beautiful scenery on the walk. You can also find many boat and/or bus tours to go on during your trip to see some more scenery in Ogunquit, and the nearby towns.

4. Corolla, North Carolina

Possibly the most fascinating thing I found out about Corolla, North Carolina is that there are Wild Colonial Spanish Mustangs that roam some of the Northern Corolla beaches! You can also find some of these wild horses in spots throughout the community of Carova, which is a short drive from Corolla. This beach town also holds a beautiful lighthouse as well as the Whalehead Club, filled with a ton of local history.

5. Traverse City, Michigan

While this city holds many wineries and vineyards for the adults, it is also very kid friendly. There are many trails to walk near the beaches, as well as Pirate’s Cove Adventure Golf, for a couple fun rounds of mini golf! There are also various boat tours that the whole family could enjoy, just to make sure you’re seeing everything you can on the trip.

6. Hampton, New Hampshire

Hampton has always been a favorite of mine. With plenty of places to stay, and a strip of fun arcades, restaurants and little gift shops, everyone will be sure to find something at Hampton Beach! It’s not the best spot for a relaxing getaway, but for a place to be sure the kids will be entertained, this is the spot to go!

7. Haleiwa, Hawaii (North Shore Oahu, Hawaii)

Talk about vacation destination! I mean, come on, who wouldn’t want to go to a beautiful Hawaiian beach?! Between just plain swimming, renting a kayak or jet skiing, you’ll be sure to find a way to enjoy the beautiful Pacific Ocean. You could also go shark seeing - a little daring if you’re like me and you’re scared of sharks, but a little adventure never hurt anyone!

8. Anna Maria Island, Florida

Let me start with this - visiting here you’ll have a seven-mile strip of beautiful white sand. That’s enough to make me want to go already! But, if you’re looking for a little more excitement I’ll give you some other things to do. You could learn about some local history at the Anna Maria Island Historical Society. Another thing is going through “Happy Paddler” and renting a kayak just for fun, or going on one of the many kayak tours they offer.

9. Blue Hill, Maine

Possibly one of the more low-key locations on this list, Blue Hill is definitely the spot to go for a relaxing getaway. If you come here, most of what you’ll likely be doing is lounging by the beach - not that I’d complain about that! You could also check out the Blue Hill Wine Shop, one of the book stores, or the Jonathan Fisher House Museum.

10. Cannon Beach, Oregon

In this picturesque Oregon beach town, it houses the (very famous) Haystack rocks. There’s also three state parks in town, and another beautiful lighthouse to look at! For a fun night out, check out the local Coaster Theatre and see some performances.

11. Laguna Beach, California

Best known for its art galleries, coves and beautiful beaches, Laguna Beach is sure to be a hit for everyone! Pick up surfing, learn to paddleboard or do a little ocean diving to enjoy the Pacific Ocean. The Laguna Art Museum is also a popular spot to visit and check out some local artists' beautiful work.

12. Newport, Oregon

Possibly the best thing this beach town has to offer is the Oregon Coast Aquarium. Here you overlook the beautiful Yaquina Bay and go through the indoor and outdoor exhibits offered. There are eight major beaches in this town so you’re sure to find something for everyone to enjoy! Don’t forget to watch out for the Grey Whales that have been spotted often before!

13. Sequim, Washington

In this beach town, you can enjoy many different attractions. For some adult fun, there’s the 7 Cedars Casino you can go to for a night out. Family oriented attractions include the Sequim Lavender Farm, with 12 acres worth of lavender fields to wander. You could also head on over to Dungeness National Wildlife Refuge, which seems like it would be a bird lovers dream. Pictured below is the Dungeness Lighthouse, located right in Sequim.

14. Rehoboth Beach, Delaware

This beach has a strip, similar to Hampton Beach mentioned above, filled with hotels, restaurants and various shops to check out. For some family fun, there’s the Funland theme park, as well as a few outlet shops. You could also do a guided sunset paddle boarding trip!