13 Things You Need On Your Bucket List

13 Things You Need On Your Bucket List

Time is ticking.
88
“It’s the oldest story in the world. One day your seventeen and planning for someday, and then quietly, without you ever really noticing, someday is today, and that someday is yesterday, and this is your life.” -Nathan Scott, One Tree Hill.

I don’t think Nathan Scott could have said it any better.

It’s hard to think as just millennials that our time is already running out. With days flying away from us before our very eyes, we realize that we may we put off those things for a different day for too long, and then it has grown too late. Personally, I have been someone to always jump at opportunities when they find me, regardless of what the outcome may be. Because who knows? That one decision you make may be the best decision of your life.

Besides the fact that you should always jump at opportunities as they come unexpected, but you should also keep in mind some things that you actually want to do before you die. You need things on your bucket list.

1. Go on your dream vacation

Think of that one place you always gush over when you think about where to go on vacation, but can’t because it would cost you an arm and a leg. I have always wanted to go to Egypt, and I plan on doing so someday. Maybe not yet, but maybe when you can afford it for the most part, that is the time to jump at the opportunity.

2. To follow your dream no matter what

A lot of people get ridiculed for what their passion for life is. Never ignore that voice in the back of your head that is telling you to do something. Time is ticking, and the world needs to see what you are made of. So, get out there and start making your dream a reality.

3. Move to that city

This is a bold and scary move for some people. Picking up your things and moving to the city is a frightening thing. Will it cost a lot more money? Yes. Will you have a small and/or dumpy place? Most likely. Will you make the best of it? Of course, you can. Cities are full of opportunities that can change your life every day. Can you handle it? Absolutely.

4. Go to a professional sporting event

This may sound silly, because you probably have already been to a few. But if you think about it, these athletes are PROFESSIONALS, and they play this sport to make a living. They have to be perfect at what they do and they make it look so easy. (I went to the US Open last summer at Erin Hills, and I was blown away at the skill the golfers had. It is very impressive.)

5. Sea the ocean

The ocean is an amazing place, and the massive size of it is pretty intimidating. You would also be surprised on how many people haven’t seen the ocean themselves.

6. Go for drives with your friends on summer nights, with the windows down and the music up

Trust me, you will remember this moment and feeling for the rest of your life.

7. Run a 5K, half marathon, or marathon

Physical challenges are very rewarding, and boost your confidence and self-esteem levels. If you are a very active person or not, it would really bring you fulfillment, and something you can have bragging rights about.

8. Sky Diving

This one is on everyone’s bucket list.

9. Speak out about something, join an effort to make a change

Either within your job, your political party, your community, or within your family, never be afraid to speak your mind, and have your voice be heard. You will regret it if you don’t.

10. Get the Wisconsin State Fair Cream Puffs

If you live here or not, these things are life changing.

11. Dye your hair

I was terrified to dye my hair for the first time, and I was only going from my light brown hair to blonde. Going into the salon I was so nervous, but I came out feeling like a super star. Sometimes you just need to change your look for something new.

12. Take care of yourself

This is more of a lifelong thing, but keep a promise to yourself, and on your bucket list that you will continue to take yourself and not let yourself go. Because when you do it’s a long journey back to where you were.

13. Go to Disney

Child or adult, going to Disney World or Disneyland will be an experience like no other. You have to do it, it’s almost like a rite of passage of living in America.

Though some things weigh more than others, and some may cost a lot more than others, they are all worth it in the long run. What I want to leave with you is this: do the things that scare you in life, because those are the things that are worth it in the end.