13 Things That I Would Rather Do Than Talk Politics

Keep it together America, we've got this.

38
Unsplash

On November 8, 2016, our country went to the polls and decided who would be the next president of our great country. In the months before, the media was constant with all and every possible information concerning the upcoming election. This allowed American's to have access to whatever they needed to know about the candidates and later to help them decide who they would want to be elected. But it wasn't only the media, such as CNN, that was exploding with politics talk, but also our social media accounts. One couldn't log in to Facebook or Twitter without finding more politics talk, thus leading many of us to avoid our social media accounts until after the voting ended. Now here we are, a few days after the election, and I'm afraid the topic of politics has gotten even worse.

Our nation was divided during the months leading up to the election and sadly, has kept some of our citizens still divided. It has left my Twitter full of negativity, of people going back and forth on why each candidate deserved to win and why "America will or will not be great again." And that's when I realized that I understand that it was only a few days ago when the election occurred, but I am already so tired of hearing about it politics. SO I took it upon myself and my friends to come up with a list of things we would rather do then talk about politics.

1. "I would rather be pooped on by a bird."

No one likes having their car pooped on let alone actually having the bird poop on your body. But today that sounds like a pretty good alternative.

2. "I would rather take a shower in a public shower, have my clothes stolen and have to run to my car naked."

I personally hate having the moment when you're about to get out of your own shower at home and realizing you forgot a towel, and knowing now you'll have to run down the hall to your room naked. But Abby is so tired of the political talk she would rather go through a little embarrassment and the showing of some skin.

3. "I would rather hike Mount Everest barefoot."

One word. Ouch.

4. "I would rather be mauled by a raccoon."

Raccoons' are nasty. But so are the Facebook comments.

5. "I would rather go to the gynecologist."

With how heated people still are over this election, it looks like you and your gyno may be getting pretty close.

6. "I would rather put toothpicks under my toenails and kick a soccer ball."

I think Jared said it clearly enough.

7. "I would rather do my chemistry homework."

LISTEN. CHEMISTRY IS HARD. I may drop out and work at McDonald's for the rest of my life because of this class. But I would still rather do my chemistry homework then talk to you about why Trump should or should not have won.

8. "I would rather hug the girl my ex-boyfriend cheated on me with."

No one ever likes that girl. No one wants to be nice to the girl their boyfriend hooked up with while you were together. BUT. I would do it if that meant you'd stop talking to me about Hilary and Donald.

9."I would rather be chased by a clown."

I hate clowns. I am deathly terrified of clowns. But I would still rather be chased by one. And no, I will not put a gif of a clown here #sorrynotsorry

11. "I would rather present in front of my class naked."

Enough said.

12. "I would rather retake statistics."

I have at least 3 friends right now who are majorly struggling in statistics and yet they each said they would rather retake that class then be asked who they voted for.

13. "Quite frankly, I would rather drink acid."

Maybe this is a little drastic, but I am up for the challenge if that means you won't ask me about a new policy idea.

Some of these things may come off drastic or harsh, but so is all the hate and negativity that is all over my social media accounts. I'm ready for the day when I'll be able to open my Twitter and see that all of my friends are getting along again. Where I don't feel surges of anger after reading a nasty comment. I hope to soon stand united with all of you once again without so much hate. But until then, I hope at least some of these made you laugh. Keep your head up America, we've got this.