13 Things To Do At UNH On A Weekend

13 Things To Do At UNH On A Weekend

Forget going out, here's some even better things to do!
41

While college is known for its cherished weekends and the parties that go along with them, not everyone is up for the same thing. Sometimes people would rather stay in for a night and not partake in said events. There always seems to be a dilemma of what to do when the weekend comes around whether there's nothing to do during the day, or at night. Well there is no need to fear, because here I have provided you with a list of things to do on the weekends besides attending parties, some that specifically apply to one of the best schools of all (ahem.. UNH)

1. Let your imagination free and color.

You can choose between being an adult or a kid, but coloring is a great way to pass some time and relieve stress.

2. Go to a movie.

Whether you go into town or just feel like sticking around, a movie is a great way to go. If you feel like staying on campus, stop by the MUB to see what's playing. Not only are they super cheap, but there's always something recent that is playing and you don't have to worry about travel.

3. Grab a bite to eat with a friend.

Call or shoot your friend a text and see if they are up for some late night munchies.

4. Check out the MUB activities.

The MUB always has something going on ranging from swing dance lessons to bingo. Give it a whirl and try something new.

5. Do a DIY project.

Pinterest is a great way to find inspiration for a new DIY project. Look for something simple so you don't have to buy too many things to make it.

6. Play a board game.

Even if you don't have a board game of your own, check with your hall director because they should have plenty.

7. Go to a social in your hall.

It may seem lame but hall socials are awesome! There could be trivia or movie nights, but its a great way to known other people besides just on your floor.

8. Bake something yummy.

You probably don't have a stove in your dorm room, but there has to be one at least in the dorm. I always love baking and if you make something yummy it is likely other people will come to join you. What could be better than food and friends?

9. Have a spa night.

Treat yourself to a facial and make those nails and toes look nice and pretty.

10. Catch a sports game.

UNH has some of the best athletics. There are always away games, but there should be at least one team that is playing home that you can check out.

11. Go bowling.

I personally never think of it but I love to go bowling and it is so much fun. Just because we're on a college campus doesn't mean you can't go off it to do something. Luckily, we have bowling right next door in Dover and it doesn't seem too expensive either.

12. Go to Portsmouth.

Downtown Portsmouth has so many restaurants and nifty shops. It is a must do at some point if you don't get to it on a weekend.

13. Visit the mall.

UNH is awesome with providing the student body buses to almost anywhere. Hop on a bus and do some shopping and go out to eat.