13 Things I Refuse To Never Feel Sorry For

Fool me one time shame on you, Fool me two times can't put the blame on you.

887
Favin

1. Telling the truth.

Never feel sorry for telling the truth even if it hurts someone in the long-run. I can promise you that it feels 100% better to be told the truth and try and fix things, rather than being lied to and hurt yourself in the long run. Life isn't always going to give people free hand-outs, tell the truth and help your friend in the long run.

2. Saying what I feel.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Is everyone going to agree with you? Absolutely positively not, and that's seriously OK. It takes great growing up to do to accept everyone's opinion and accept them as a person rather than bashing someone for feeling differently. Say what you mean, and mean what you say. Be proud of yourself for feeling differently than everyone else and being able to express it!

3. Giving myself a break.

Living is a really hard thing to do sometimes. Sometimes you need to just relax and take some time to yourself to unwind. Mental Health days are honestly really crucial sometimes. Never feel guilty for taking a break- you work hard.

4. Telling someone I love them.

We live in a society where the words "I Love You" have a time stamp. "You can't possibly love someone after a few months." Everyone loves differently, and that's also OK. Never apologize for the ability to love and be loved. Chances are, the person you love, probably loves you back.

5. Putting my family above anyone else.

Family comes first- it's over absolutely everything. Never feel sorry for choosing a family party over going over a friend's house. They are your bloodline, and ultimately will be the most real thing you have. People age, in the long run, take that time to be with your Mother and Father. For some people wish they had just one more minute with theirs.

6. Removing myself from a toxic environment.

Never feel sorry for having to move on from a place or people that leave you gasping for a fresh breath of air. You are entitled to the change you want, it's OK to move on. It's a sign of maturity to walk away from something like that.

7. Forgiving myself.

Even if someone can't bring themselves to forgive you learn how to forgive and forget for yourself. You cannot dwell on the negatives in your life, rather make something positive come out of the bad. Forgive yourself and move on from it, make yourself the bigger person in every situation.

8. Having high hopes for my future.

I want to be one of the bests, if not THE best. I want to change lives in my profession. You shouldn't want to settle for anything less than what you expect. Never apologize for cutting people off that don't want to succeed like you, or cutting them off that don't support you. Shoot for that Range Rover, shoot for that mansion, shoot for that shore house, shoot for Dean's List. Don't let anyone tell you that you "can't".

9. Crying--sometimes too much.

Don't ever apologize for being emotional and showing your feelings. It's not healthy to bottle up feelings. That's right, turn up your "Sad Music Playlist" on Spotify. Crack out the tissues and LET IT ALL OUT.

10. Not checking in on you all the time.

Listen, I have my own shit to worry about sometimes. Please don't pester me about not checking in on you and jumping to the conclusion that I don't care about you. Chances are, I'm going through some hard shit too and I need to worry about making myself OK before I can worry about making someone else OK. I promise you, as soon as I get my shit together, I will call you. It doesn't mean I don't care about you- It just means I need to care about myself right now.

11. Trying my hardest and failing.

Some things don't go as planned. Sometimes I struggle with certain things, but just know that I'm giving it my all. Whether it's academics, on the field, court, in the pool or just in life in general- I always give everything my all. My failures only make me stronger, and I promise you in the meantime I am working to succeed.

12. Needing someone there at all times.

Most people are terrified of being alone. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. Always having someone there is good for the soul.

13. Not giving someone a second chance.

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. You should not have to keep giving people chances to make things right. It should only take one chance to work out. Friendships and Relationships shouldn't be difficult.